Did Vader use the Force to trick Lando?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Vaderly_Thoughts, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Vaderly_Thoughts Jedi Youngling

star 1
    When Lando "sold his friends out", do you think that Vader used the Force to make Lando do it, or did he do it the true Imperial way and threaten to blow his ass outta the sky if he didn't comply?
  2. Jedi_Master201 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's doubtful that he "tricked" him. That's Palpatine's way of doing things.

Vader probably just threatened him.
  3. Vanthorne_OX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Manipulation and intimidation was all that was required to get Lando to comply.
  4. Spacehunter24 Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader probably threatened to put Cloud City under Imperial control and maybe even kill Lando if he refused. (At least, that's what Vader does in my fan-fic.)
  5. AssassinDroid21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats what did happen Spacehunter.
  6. ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Mind tricks only work on the weak minded

He just lied and all that was said already to get him to agree to his "deal"
  7. FogeyKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm sure a threat from the Dark Lord of the Sith was enough to convince Calrissian to cooperate.
  8. Solo_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree with the rest... Vader probably threatened to take over Cloud City, Lando does say in ESB "I've just made a deal which will keep the Empire outta here forever..." So Vader probably said 'If you give me the next people to land on this City I will turn a blind eye to your 'illegal' business' And Lando being Lando agreed... :eek:
  9. DarthSil Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly. Lando isn't exactly the most honest person in the galaxy. He would probably sacrifice his own mother if it meant saving himself.
  10. ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling

star 4
    That's not true, I think the only reason he was willing to turn in han was because he had to look out for the people of Cloud City

But as soon as he realized that no matter what he did the Empire would likely take over the city no matter what he stuck his neck out to save Leia Chewie and tried to save Han
  11. _Xanatos_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    To spacehunter you listen to.
  12. _Xanatos_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    To spacehunter you listen to.
  13. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    No, when Vader arrived, they sort of made a comprimise, and Lando knowing that if he disappointed him or refused, Vader can or can hire someone to kick his ass.
  14. VanLiz Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think Vader threatened Lando and the people of Cloud City. It makes sense that Lando would choose to save himself and the people of Cloud City over saving Han and Han's friends. He hasn't seen Han in who knows how long and Han 'stole' his ship. Lando's first loyalty was Cloud City and its people.
  15. D_Lowe Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Vader just threaten Lando.

"I had no choice they arrived before you did. I'm sorry."
    --Lando
  16. jimkk29 Jedi Master

star 4
    "When Lando "sold his friends out", do you think that Vader used the Force to make Lando do it, or did he do it the true Imperial way and threaten to blow his ass outta the sky if he didn't comply?"

The 2nd.
  17. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Vader didn't need to deceive. By the time Leia, Han, Chewie, and Threepio landed on Cloud City the deal between Calrissian and Vader was in place. But only Vader knew that the deal would change, not Lando. A garrison of Imperial troops were present, and the Empire could do whatever they wanted.

That's called power, my dear boy!
  18. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Lando was trying to do his job by keeping his city safe.
  19. Darth_Shade Jedi Youngling

star 1
    It's not Vader's style to trick someone as was mentioned earlier that's Palpatine's way of doing things, Vader just kills people
  20. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He just used intimidation.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.