main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did we lose one of our Admins?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Actuall I think the true meaning of an adamin came out in this little debate.

You gotta be likable, willing to see both sides. Have a sense of humor, and know about sw of corse.

Oh my God, I just desribed me!

2. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Nicely done Chissdude. :D

Now after that little detour, I'm going to restate my question:

What exactly is a City Rep's job?

3. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Oh my God, I just desribed me!

Damn, where's the rolling eyes smiley when you need it?!

There are two things I've noticed in this thread. First of all, the spelling in here has been rather amibuous. Secondly, there has been a lot of vehement attitudes direct towards Valiento. And regarding this second point, I must ask, "Why?"

Is it because Valiento has a different opinion than you hold?

Are you jealous because of his vast wealth of knowledge? Envious of his popularity?

I, for one, cannot understand this animosity. In the words of the great Homer Simpson, "Can't we all just get along?"

By the way, if there were a shortage of mods, I'd nominate Vergere. Quite possibly the most level-headed and thoughtful member of this particular forum.

Just my two cents.

4. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Amen! This has gotten a bit silly.

holy cow! for once I agree with Isbeth! :)

It's good to be back on track. NOw back to the real question, what exactly DOES a city rep do? I'd like to have a fanforce/ city rep deal here, but considering Saskatchewan has a grand total of what, a million people for a province about the size of California? it's not going to happen.

5. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000

Are you jealous because of his vast wealth of knowledge? Envious of his popularity?

*sigh*

This question has already been answered in length above.

JMA

6. Wyl_Transerwnnyr

Wyl_Transerwnnyr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Hey, knock off the Val bashing, 'kay? I know him to be one of the most knowledgable folks on this forum, and compared to some forums I've seen, Jedi Council is one of the most peaceful out there. If Valiento is the worst we have, then JC is more civil and polite than at least 90% of the forums out there. I for one think that Val and Ghengis always bring up interesting points that are worth consideration. Even if I may not always agree with them, they always make their posts coherent and their arguements are valid. As I said, given the fact that the vast majority of posters on this forum are rational, civil individuals, two admins are enough. And even if there were an opening, this thread would mean little ultimately in the decision as to who would gain the mantle of admin. So, in conclusion, my bretheren and sisteren (is that even a word?), may the Force be with us.

7. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Val I'm deeply sorry :( for mentioning your name.

What's the use of having an Admin if they don't have there own point of view on subjects? :confused:

I voted for Val because he does have stong opinions :D but is also one of the first to help "Newbies" if they have any problems.

On a lighter note, I to would like to know what a City Rep does?

8. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

*sigh* Could people read before they post? Is that really to much to ask? If your going to be giving your opinion, it's only fair that you consider other peoples! Please people, don't try to ressurect something that has already been layin to rest!!

Anyway, Tenel_Ka... I'm not sure if you answered my question. :confused: Perhaps Amidala Starkiller could shed some light on this subject?

9. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    Ah! You misunderstand PAD, I was wondering too, not answering! You know what, blame school, they give us all those stupid question where you have to answer yes or no, and then EXPLAIN your answer. so I guess that's what I was doing.

10. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Tenrel_Ka Whatya mean once?

Val is wonderful. Every woman on the boards lusts over him.

11. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    ParanoidWhatever-something: I did read every post. Yet, I still felt that I should jump in and defend Valiento. If you have a problem with integrity, let me know.

12. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    My friends call me PAd... but you can call me Frodo. 8-}

Well, Fruke Ground_amacallit, no it's not a problem with integrity, I stood up for Val myself, (I thought you "read every post" :) ) It's you bringing up the whole jealousy thing when JMA had already set the record straight after Chissdude asked him the same thing. Also, I felt it was in poor taste for you to bring the matter up again when the two had clearly settled it in the previous page.

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Go here to learn about what a City Rep does.

14. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    FINALLY!! Thanks Kier. :)

Just to make it easier for everyone (namely Tenel_Ka ;) ), here's what it says:

CR's have essentially replaced what are known as moderators. A moderator is responsibl for maintaining their online forum. However, a CR transcends this role because they are also responsible for representing their chapter and its interests.

A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter. However, if a group has not yet become a recognized chapter, they may still elect someone to represent them and their interests until said group becomes official.

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Ok, sudden thought crossed my mind. Is Kadue still doing the Lit Index? Forget the admin stuff and thoughts on who'd make a good admin, this question seems more important considering what happened to bring this thread to life.

16. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Sounds like Val could be a CR.
    Heres my top 5 for anything though...

1.Valiento
    2.Matt Trias
    3.Genghis12
    4.Kadue(if he would want to come back)
    5.Give or take, a bunch of people

17. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Chissdude take Trias off your list until he returns Mastadge. We know how he'll deal with us if we misbehave, he'll just make us disappear.

18. SithSpit777

SithSpit777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    *sigh* reading is a skill.

"Is it because Valiento has a different opinion than you hold?"

No, just that he insults people who disagree with him, claims ad hominim, and stirs the pot. I never asked anyone to think like me. It would make the world a boring place.

"Are you jealous because of his vast wealth of knowledge? Envious of his popularity?"

Only if he is jealous of my good looks. :D
    Seriously, it isn't an ego thing. Its how he treats people who disagree with him, his lack of humor, and his low toleration of those that do have a sense of humor. Its all been explained previously. Like I said, its nothing personal against him. We are who we are. I wouldn't make a good admin either. Its all been explained in previous threads.

19. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Oh yeah, Mastage! he'd be good too.

20. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    Speaking of admins and mods, where are they at the moment? This thread definitely doesn't pertain to lit, and it spun out of control long before now. You guys are bashing people left and right...save it for a chat or another, more private message board.

And just out of curiousity, I assume the quote, "By the way, if there were a shortage of mods, I'd nominate Vergere," refers to the other Vergere? It's always hard when there are two of us.. ;)

21. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Wouldn't mind havin Vergere (the one without the - -)or becca as admin.

Mastadge wouldn't be bad.

22. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Speaking of admins and mods, where are they at the moment? This thread definitely doesn't pertain to lit, and it spun out of control long before now. You guys are bashing people left and right...save it for a chat or another, more private message board.

And just out of curiousity, I assume the quote, "By the way, if there were a shortage of mods, I'd nominate Vergere," refers to the other Vergere? It's always hard when there are two of us.. :"

See? Definitely admin material.

23. HereVilliVilliVilli

HereVilliVilliVilli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    "No, just that he insults people who disagree with him,"

Not what I have seen.

"claims ad hominim,"

Well if he's right he has that right to do so. From what I've seen he is useally right. Let's face it your post that I am breaking appart is full of sentences that are "Against the man, or ad hominem" from what I can tell.

"and stirs the pot."

Actually from I've seen you are quite quilty of doing that. Very hypocritical of you to say that, please.

"I never asked anyone to think like me. It would make the world a boring place."

He never asks people to think like him, but he does lay down logical arguements, or the facts 90% of the time. If people don't see that then they are blind(Or fallacy of appeal to ignorance) and are just trying to attack him for no reason at all.

"Seriously, it isn't an ego thing. Its how he treats people who disagree with him"

Everytime I've seen him post he's been quite fair to people, and his arguements(Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to debate), have been valid. I mean you could argue a duck is a frog, it won't make it a frog. It would not be a sound arguement for you to continue that arguement. Seriously I think people in this board need to take a class in arguemenation and debate, and learn more about how debating works, please.

"his lack of humor, and his low toleration of those that do have a sense of humor."

No offence but if your so called humor thread is any indication of a sense of humor I think you lack one, as well. That thread was bland way bland.

24. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Time to shoot this puppy. It's got rabbies and is fast deteriorating.

25. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    Ah! (hmm, that's two posts I've started with Ah! lately) guys, chill, that subject was dropped last page!

Hey Frodo ;) thanks for the info. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.