main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Yoda fail in his quest to bring order to the Force through the prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Obi_Will_Kenobi, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Will_Kenobi

Obi_Will_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2004
    A follow up to a thread I posted a few days ago about Obi-Wan's personal quest to train Anakin and if he failed. Now, its Yoda's turn...did Yoda, through his somewhat ignorant view of the dark side etc. Like Sidious says to Anakin in ROTS, In order to achieve ultimate power, one must experience all aspects of it. Therefore in effect, Yoda (and indeed the other Jedi) weren't as powerful as they could be. Also in the Classic trilogy, Yoda seems much more focused and knowledgable. Maybe his ignorance of the force made the dark side take over in ROTS?

I ask again........

Did Yoda fail in his quest to bring order to the Force through the prequels?

Discuss

2. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I wouldn't say Yodas completely ignorant of the dark side, he simply does not study it. And I also think that the Jedi's failure to keep the sith at bay was more Anakin's fault; his ignorance of the dark side led him to not think about what joining a sith could do to him, but only about what he could learn to save Padme'. So I beleive Yoda did not fail, he did what he could.

3. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    And I also think that the Jedi's failure to keep the sith at bay was more Anakin's fault; his ignorance of the dark side led him to not think about what joining a sith could do to him, but only about what he could learn to save Padme'. So I beleive Yoda did not fail, he did what he could.

All too true. If Yoda had experienced all aspects of the Force, he probably wouldn't have gone down the same path as Anakin did, but it's a possibility. It doesn't take but a glimpse of what is wrong to ruin a good person. I wouldn't say he had an ignorant view of the Dark Side, as he's probably battled against it before. He's probably seen padawans fall to the Dark Side and what they achieve when they do so. As ObiWan2790 said, he did all that he could do by battling the Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.