main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Yoda retain his lightsabre after his battle with Sidious?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by sithcult_109, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithcult_109

sithcult_109 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2005
  2. Chewbacca_11

Chewbacca_11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2005
    Thats a good question. I dont recall seeing it after the duel. I would imagine he just got the hell out of there and forgot about it.

3. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    No, he lost it for good.

4. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    According to one of SW books, Yoda does have a lightsaber on Dagobah.

Also, many of the Jedi/Sith have rebuilt or keep spares of their sabers after they lost them (Sideous anybody?). So it's not at all unreasonable for Yoda to do the same.

5. Commander2224-Cody

Commander2224-Cody Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2004
    I thought it was implied that Yoda fled the Senate leaving his lightsaber behind.

6. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Also, many of the Jedi/Sith have rebuilt or keep spares of their sabers after they lost them (Sideous anybody?). So it's not at all unreasonable for Yoda to do the same.

Yep. He also has another robe on Bails ship, so its not unreasonable to expect him to have another lightsaber too.

7. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    in a tales story about a probe droid on dagobah yoda throws a normal purple lightsaber that destroyed the droid

8. daileyxplanet

daileyxplanet Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Why would Yoda have a purple lightsaber?

9. Commander2224-Cody

Commander2224-Cody Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2004
    Because it's EU

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In the films, Yoda never kept his Lightsaber. In the ROTS novelization by Matthew Stover, he still has it with him. In the Star Wars Tales story, it was made before AOTC came out, I believe. Not all of the stories in Tales are canon. So that one probably isn't canon now. Before AOTC came out, everyone in Lucasbooks and many fans for that matter, assumed that there would be multiple colored Lightsaber blades in the PT. Lucas then made a statement saying that only blue, green and purple blades exist. With purple only going to Mace.

11. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    And originally it was only to be blue and green (and red) until Sam Jackson had a word in GLs ear.

12. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Wow, so does that mean that blades other than red, blue, green and purple are NOT canon? For some reason that makes me sad...I like colors....:(

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    For George Lucas, they are not canon. For the eu, they still are. Not every Jedi in the Clone Wars era used just blue and green. Some like Neeja Halcyon still used the silver blade, it's just not mentioned in "Jedi Trial". Most of the Jedi who had different colors going into AOTC, lost their original Lightsabers and had to make new ones with new crystals from Illum.

14. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Also if I remember correctly, the little dark jedi in the Jedi Knight PC game was using a little orange saber he had stolen or something from Yoda.

15. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Really, who cares? It's just a thing. If he lost it, he could easily make another.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Jedi Knight was made in 1995 or so. Long before Lucas made that statement.

17. Amivane

Amivane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_thinking] well i think he lost it cause in the movie it shows when it falls and when yoda falls i don't see him looking for it [face_whistling]

18. Lord-Scith

Lord-Scith Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2006
    I agree he lost it.He did'nt have time to look for it.

19. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    that is hard to say cause in future books it spoke of him fighting other jedi......

20. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    If you watch the movies in order....without having seen Clone Wars or reading the comics and novels....Yoda loses it for good.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yoda does not fight anymore Dark Jedi after ROTS. The Dark Jedi Master from Bpfasshi was killed during the Clone Wars, long before Order 66 happened. After going into exile, Yoda spent his time learning to retain his identity and watching the twins through the Force. He met to Force sensitives who could be trained, but he opts not to do so. He also aids Jorj Car'das when he comes there. Beyond that, Yoda never fights and the story "The Hidden" from Tales is pretty much non-canon. Since Yoda has a purple Lightsaber and that's not even remotely true going off the novelization. Much less that he's seen using one in the OT.

22. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Is the story about Yoda fighting a dark jedi on Dagobah and loosing his saber then the story you guys are talking about with Yoda having a purple saber?

23. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    At first, when I read this thread, I thought, wo, maybe Yoda is being punished by losing his lightsaber after failing to kill Sidious. Sort of a fate thing.

Then I thought that maybe Yoda learned something from Sidious, about *not* using your lightsaber. So, that way, Yoda learns / gains something by not having his lightsaber.

There, Yoda is back to #1 in my books, whew.

24. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Yoda had no time to pick up his lightsaber making such a quick getaway, and later on he puts little emphasis on the lightsaber itself. He is quoted many a time stating that the Force is his ally and that he doesn't need a stronger one. Considering Dagobah was devoid of the supplies needed for lightsaber construction, I doubt he went out of his way to build one. And for that matter we don't know how long he trained with the Force Ghost ability. Perhaps he continued to learn aspects of it or kept versed in practice for the sake of things. In the long run I think he just lived the hermit's life we see him uptake in TESB and that he needs no saber at his side now that he knows how to surpass the limits of "crude matter". [face_alien_1]

25. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Really, who cares? It's just a thing. If he lost it, he could easily make another.

On Dagobah ?? I think the only store there was a Radio Shack. Pretty hard to make a lightsaber from Shack parts. :p :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.