main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Did you catch it? A little nitpicking is fun.....sometimes.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MarcJordan, May 20, 2015.

1. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    This is only in jest, but what are the little "mistakes" can you find in the CT? I just saw some acting blooper In ESB (imagine that, the faultless episode) , but in the Falcon when inside the slug the first tremor, when Carrie falls backward to the lap of Harrison, when she says "captain being held by you isn't quite enough to get me excited ", HF is subtlety lip synching her exact words.

I mean this is one my fav scenes ever but amazing isn't it?

Are there others?

Andy Wylde and Flapjack4 like this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    A well known example is the Stormtrooper hitting his head in ANH. I just watched a clip on youtube with a sound effect now added to it.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  3. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    That's of course world renowned now. ;) and an ongoing gag in the PT (AOTC Jango). Speaking of ANH in the beginning this Storm trooper keeps falling and getting up while the rest are shooting at the rebel officers.

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    There is also the 'Force kick' whereby Luke kicks in the direction of a goon during the Sarlacc fight, misses completely, but said goon reacts as though he actually got kicked for real. It looks pretty goofy.

5. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Some of Darth Vader's movements and particularly hand gestures don't match his voiced-over dialogue particularly well. Very minor, but if we're going down the nitpicking road...

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Vader's helmet wobbles quite a bit throughout the "I am your father" scene.

7. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    the shot when Luke ignites his saber on the deathstar is flipped for some reason as he fought in both esb and rotj righthanded but he is holding the saber lefty in that shot.

8. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Youve aint seen nitpicking like this though: In ROTJ, when the Emperor arrives at the incomplete DS, while Vader is kneeling, one of the black helmeted officers in the back is putting on his glasses and adjusting his helmet. Ok so Ive got time on my hands. A pic can be provided upon request. It's on my hard drive.[face_dancing]

MJ

9. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004

Impressive. Most impressive. ^:)^

10. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Thanks!:D

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    One of the white stormtroopers shuffles his feet in that scene.

MarcJordan likes this.
  12. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    ROTJ: Lando's disappearing gloves as he hangs above the pit of Carkoon.

13. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Apparently it was fixed for the SE's, but here's the torture droid from SW/ANH:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Now this is nitpicking! I agree that a little nitpicking can be fun sometimes, as long as you don't let it ruin the movies for you, and accept that every movie has it's mistakes.

In the scene where Princess Leia (disguised as Boushh) ignites the Thermal Detonator, there is a shot where Boba Fett takes out his blaster and his antenna is suddenly on the left side of his helmet instead of the right side (where it is the rest of the movie). That shot was actually flipped, because Boba also takes out his blaster with his left hand.

During the Battle of Geonosis, there is a shot where Ki-Adi-Mundi uses a green lightsaber blade instead of a blue one (which he uses in the rest of the movie).
    [​IMG]

MarcJordan and Iron_lord like this.
  15. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    In ANH, when C3PO introduces himself to Owen, wires on the back of PO's head suddenly show up. Before these weren't there when PO started talking and immediately as he continues speaking they disappear. Never to appear again.

[​IMG]

[face_beatup]

MJ

16. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    This is my favorite blooper because it's so glaring and comical.

[​IMG]

I laugh harder the longer I watch this because of Boba flailing helplessly in the background.

17. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes the head hitting is a classic moment.:p

[​IMG]

18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I always think of the scene in ANH during which Vader tells Tarkin, "I told you she would never consciously betray the Rebellion." He then makes an awkward gesture toward Tarkin before Tarkin thunders, "Terminate her immediately!" It seems like he's more annoyed with Vader making fun of him than vexed with Leia for lying to him.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  19. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Odd I have always read it the complete opposite particularly given it's Sir and the fact he clearly even *says* he's upset Leia lied. As is his right.

20. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    got to admit I've never noticed this.

(the Tarkin and Vader thing) I'll have to catch it next time I watch it.

21. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    In ESB, when Luke is getting into his X-wing to leave Dagobah and Yoda and Obi Wan are begging him to stay, look at the ladder that he climbed up to get into the cockpit. In one shot it's there, and then in the next shot it's gone.

EDiT: Oh! And I mentioned this once before in another thread, but the part in ANH when Leia's like "Into the garbage chute, Flyboy!" Er, she just met Han. And he's disguised as a stormtrooper. How did she know he was a pilot?

MarcJordan and MOC Yak Face like this.
  22. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    I've never noticed the ladder before, but I've always wondered about "Fly Boy" too. Maybe she meant to say Fly Guy...

[​IMG]

23. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    When Obi Wan treats Luke in ANH, you can see Alec's boot sole sticking out of cloak.
    [​IMG]

But as the exact scene is viewed from R2's angle, the cloak mysteriously covers his boot! An oldie I presume but fun nonetheless to nit pick till the cows come home. [face_dancing]

[​IMG]

[face_whistling]

MJ

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Isn't he angry that he didn't get the Rebel base?

25. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't hardly *ever* read Sir angry, FS. He's an upset sort. So, I'd say no.