main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Did you catch it? A little nitpicking is fun.....sometimes.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MarcJordan, May 20, 2015.

1. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I may be mistaken but I've always assumed she was talking about Luke, as he dives in after her command to do so. "Fly boy" and "Skywalker" are similar enough, he introduced himself to her, and Han is the last one down.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  2. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    Another one that was fixed for the SE is the mysterious missing TIE Fighter - during the Battle of Yavin, right as Han starts firing on the three fighters, one of them totally disappears before blinking back into shot, for about half a second. There's a clip somewhere, it's a very weird one.

EDIT: Here it is - at 11:15, following "I have you now", the shot begins with the left fighter missing for a few frames before it pops into the scene. Very hard to spot but a cool bit of trivia. -

3. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Nah, she's clearly looking at Han when she says it, then tosses her blaster back to Luke. Not to mention, the comment comes in direct response to something Han said. Observe:

*Leia grabs Luke's blaster and shoots hole in the garbage chute vent.*

Han: What the hell are you doing?!

Leia: Somebody has to save our skins! *Crosses the hallway, looks at Han* Into the garbage shoot, Flyboy! *tosses blaster back to Luke*

It was clearly directed at Han. Actually, all her lines in that hallway scene were directed at Han. Interesting…. :)

J_Girl, Iron_lord and MOC Yak Face like this.
  4. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    While on that subject of Han/Leia... does Han's quickie grope of one of her breasts in ROTJ after she has been shot count here? It was when I suppose he was 'patting' out the squib that was still smoking on her arm only he sorta clearly moved over for a quick grab.

5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    "Hey, Dr. Jones, no time for love!" ;)

6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I think that was an accident on Harrison Ford's part. Still, it's rather strange that neither Marquand nor Lucas caught that. I wonder if anyone noticed other than Carrie Fisher and possibly Harrison Ford. Oh, gosh.

7. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001

I know a lot of people watching saw that "accident' on Harrison's part, but to me it's one of those hidden things.

Same thing with the dice in the Falcon's cockpit in ANH. One on scene they are there and the next, they're gone. I think I heard once it was an homage to the big fuzzy dice that were hanging in Ford's car in American Graffiti, but when they were rocking the ship around to film it the dice were flying around and being distracting. So, they took them out, but one scene still had them. Maybe that's more of an Easter Egg type thing than what we are talking about on this thread though.

8. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I believe I mentioned one of the nitpicks that always amuses me is when Vader is gesturing/pointing at Tarkin...while saying nothing. I guess Lucas intended to record some lines for Jones to say to go with that, but as it is, it looks like Vader is making fun of Tarkin: "I told you she wold never consciously betray the Rebellion." Points. Lol. Then Tarkin acts like he's more pissed off at Vader and wants to give him something to do when he says, "Terminate her immediately!"

This is more of an SE/DVD/Blu-Ray thing, but it has come to annoy me that Han shoots Greedo...and then Greedo is right there at the hanger with Jabba when Jabba speaks with Han. They should have used CGI to replace him or remove him. Silly.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Two Rodians are at the hanger - and we see Rodian characters in Greedo-style outfits during the shots of stormtroopers hurrying through the streets of Mos Eisley. Not too big a problem, if the outfit's a common one.

10. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    That's one why of looking at it. Let's say Jabba bought them and it's his fault.

11. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    Yeah, I have to admit that I really do hate how all the Rodians in the film (there are actually more than two, there's a few in the Mos Eisley streets) wear exactly the same outfit as Greedo. There's even one in the Holiday Special!

And of course the real explanation is that all of them ARE Greedo, and I can't quite suspend my disbelief about that.

lbr789 and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  12. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    That's true, my Lord Palpadious. I like how the Radians we briefly see in the Senate during Episode II clearly look differently (hairstyles and so on) and have unique clothes. That's a positive nitpick! Lol.

Okay. This may be a nitpick. Not sure. But are their cameras or something above Palpatine when he's talking to Luke and Vader in ROTJ? I mean, right when they enter and are on the stairs before him? What is that above his head? Lol. What are those devices above his throne? I've been wondering that since the late '90s and I must know. Lmpo.

Now...let me see. We may have run out of things to talk about here. Lol. Um...why do Palpatine's Imperial advisors look kinda like him? Has he been using the dark side to torture them, has been tutoring them in the dark side (and that's why Vader holds them in contempt, since they are not Sith), or what? They appear to be nasty-looking bishops and, frankly, Nute Gunray types. They look like costumed clowns and sycophants without talent. Maybe that's why they have no lines in the film. His real Imperial Advisors must have been off the Death Star. Oh, gosh. The art of nitpicking is fun when I'm bored sometimes.

13. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    There was supposed to be a line there if I remember correctly but obviously it was deleted I'm sure I could find it if I do some digging.

EDIT: the full line is "I told you she would never consciously betray the Rebellion, unless she thought she could destroy us in the process"

14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've never seen this mentioned on any blooper lists I've ever seen before. Pic?

15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

That would have been a great line. Would have made Leia look dangerous and gone with a gesture like that. I truly love it. Tarkin would have taken it very seriously.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The lizard tail in the Dagobah Vader Dream Tree.
    This lizard climbs up the wall in the background, out the top of the tree and then stops with it's tail just dangling there. And I know this is an important moment for Luke, but all I can do is look at the tail of a lizard that can't keep walking off set.

17. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    It always kinda bugged me that Han jumps into the garbage chute mere seconds after Luke, but apparently it took him an extra three minutes to make it down into the compactor room. Since Luke had ample time to land,regain composure, shoot the door,have it ricochet,and conclude that the room was 'magnetically sealed'--all before Han make's his way down the chute.[face_dunno]

Isaiah9823 and MarcJordan like this.
  18. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Not in the bloopers for sure. It's too hard to catch...

[​IMG]

at 38:18-19 in the SE ROTJ DVD.

There's another guy as well adjusting his helmet few men to his left.

MJ

19. Isaiah9823

Isaiah9823 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2015
    Gotta love the classic Stormtrooper head-hit! :)

20. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I saw it lol I could imagine a conversation like this going on

*Soldier fidgets with his uniform and helmet*
    "Tim, relax he can't see us from way up there"
    ''I know Steve it's just I want to look professional you know? Do I look "Imperialy" enough?"
    " "Imperialy" is that even a word?"
    "it must be I just said it"
    "Shut up Tim"

Iron_lord, MarcJordan and Vthuil like this.