main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did you ever notice ... ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Admiral_Riva_Denais, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Riva_Denais

Admiral_Riva_Denais Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    This topic is for those things about the saga you've been dying to say. For me, it's:
    Did you ever notice that Obi-Wan has a habit of slicing off people's arms in bars? and
    Did you ever notice that Anakin has a scoop hanging up in his room? (it's a kids toy, used for throwing and catching wiffle balls)

Cheers!

2. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Did you ever notice that Obi Wans hair is always perfect no matter what he does.
    Whats his secret, i would like to know:p

3. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    To enhance its image, and recognizing that Obi-Wan is a highly visible public face of the Order, the Jedi Council has authorized funds to pay for a squad of Twi'lek hairdressers to travel with him wherever he goes, even into battle. Little known fact. [face_whistling]

4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    That Twi'leks apparently have no reproductive organs? I mean, in the Jabba's palace scene, the slave Twi'lek dancers uniform is basically see through up and down, and it looks like a barbie doll.

Also that Han solo's blaster pistol NEVER runs out of power.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I got one that certainly has escaped the mainstream.
    Anybody ever notice that Maul switched hands with his lightsaber when he spun around, just so he COULD get cut in half?

6. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Yes, I noticed this when I got the "Making Of" book for TPM. I was astonished -- I used to have this exact toy. The actual colour of those scoops is bright orange!

Did you notice:

- Padme sleeping in her beads which are wrapped around her arm in ROTS -- ouch?!

- A few droids getting destroyed by other droids in "friendly fire" during the Battle of Geonosis?

- Palpatine's flinching hand in key scenes in TPM and ROTS?

- Bail slamming his fist against the balcony during the end of AOTC?

- The swirling camera shot when Anakin is rushing to see Palpatine at the "opera house", which seems to be a homage to Peter Jackson's LOTR?

- Jango bashing his head against his ship in AOTC in a homage to a stormtrooper extra bashing his head in ANH?

- Qui-Gon's mind trick failing to work when he tells Boss Nass that his gods demand Jar Jar's life belong to him?

7. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I always thought that mind trick worked, which is why Jar Jar goes with the Jedi instead of being pew-nished.

8. DARTHCLANDESTINE

DARTHCLANDESTINE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2005
    Han's eye rolling up and head shake when C3PO greets him for the first time in ANH.
    While just before that, Obi Wan rolls his eyes when Han says he made a few modifications to the Falcon.

9. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002

Bail knew......bastard!

If you remember where that comes from, you are cool.

10. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Not so much "slamming". It's more like, "aww, gee whiz!"

11. Criix

Criix Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2008
    Ever notice Lando is wearing Han's clothes at the end of ESB? Or are they really Lando's clothes, and Han won them too when he won the Falcon. Sounds like something Solo would do, take a guy's ship, then rub it in by wearing his clothes that were still in the closet. :)

12. Obi-Clone_Kenobi

Obi-Clone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2003
    I'm always amused by Palpatine's apparent wariness/dislike of R2 during the crash landing in RotS. Also I noticed that when he destroys the droids that are trying to take Palpatine away, Anakin has one hand in his vest.

13. the_immolated_one

the_immolated_one Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    This is just my interpretation of Lando wearing Han's cloths: The two characters represent redemption in the OT so Lucas and Kirshner are driving this point home with a little visual of Lando even wearing the other's clothes. Han had redeemed himself by the time the audience meets up with his friend and now Lando is walking path of redemption. Then we see in "ROTJ" it is not Luke who destroys the Death Star but it is the once indifferent men who are now the penitent men.

14. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Cryo:
    Bail slamming his fist against the balcony during the end of AOTC?

a definitive moment...reflecting Bail's awareness that peace will never be at hand. I noticed it the first and each and every time I saw AotC..even now.

Again, an example overlooked ...........who do you suppose directed Jimmy to do that?
    Right...the guy who everyone bashes.

Salvatore explaining how we got to this place:
    Obi-Wan ...trying to sort out the implications of it all. Count Dooku had it all falling together here, a threat beyond anything the Republic had expected. With the money of the bankers and the commercial and trade guilds behind him, and this factory - and likely many others like it - churning out armies of battle droids the potential danger was staggering.
    Over the last hours, Obi-Wan ahd seen nothing but armies, clone and droid and knew that it would all be coming together very quickly in an explosion beyond anything the galaxy had seen in many, many centuries.

and kids this is how it happens. and why we should pay attention to the gathering storm. even now.
    and yet another example of the always bashed and under-rated George Lucas.

15. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Did you ever notice in the Geonosis Droid Factory, right before Padme gets thrown into the smelting container, Anakin does this really wierd gesture that looks like his prop lightsaber got caught on his robes. Am I imagining this?

16. Wraith20878

Wraith20878 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2006
    no, the prop lightsaber did get cought in his robes

17. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Did you ever notice that out of the whole Saga ( Only the movies), the only Jedi with actual lines are Anakin/Darth Vader, Luke, Leia, Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Yoda, a few younglings in AOTC and ROTS, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan? The only other time we hear the other Jedi speak is when they are in the Arena battle when they are swinging sabers, grunting and yelling, and in ROTS, When Kit, Sasaee, and Agen get cut down, in which they only grunt. I mean, you have the Jedi Council, and out of Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Mace, they all stay silent. You even have Jedi walk throughout the temple, yet you do not hear them speak.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You forgot Jocasta Nu! [face_laugh] ( and whoever says the additional "aye" in a Council scene in ROTS, I like to think it's actually Plo Koon )

19. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Oh yeah; her too. But still, at least the other Jedi could have gave their opinions and such...

20. Admiral_Riva_Denais

Admiral_Riva_Denais Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    Yeah! Like Plo Koon! He would sound sooo cool!

My friend and i had this awesome discussion about Plo Koon saying something in his freaky language, but it would be like totally like cussing us out. but, it would be probably translated as 'i respecfully disagree.' (or something like that)

21. FirBholg

FirBholg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Did you ever notice that "ewok" is, phonetically, the syllables of "wookiee" in reverse order?

22. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Did you ever notice that Obi Wans hair is always perfect no matter what he does.
    Whats his secret, i would like to know

Miss Clairol.

23. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It should seem really obvious, but has anyone really thought about a failing hyperdrive as a running gag?

24. MasterKenobi1138

MasterKenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2008
    Does anyone notice how easily Artoo avoids damage at all in the prequel trilogy? Sure, in ANH Vader blasts his dome during the trench run, and a stormtrooper gets a lucky shot at him in ROTJ, but consider these death-thilled scenarios in the PT:

Avoids turbolaser fire while calmly fixing the deflector shields in TPM.

Somehow avoids getting hit in the middle of a brutal arena fight between Jedi and battle droids in AOTC (with the heaviest blasterfire concentration yet seen in the SW films).

Manages to wipe out two Super Battle Droids all on his own, endure the gravity-twisting turns of the Invisible Hand, and avoid being torn to shreds by Grievous's MagnaGuards.

[face_thinking]

No wonder Sidious gave him such an odd look during the crash landing. "This little guy could prove to be the very undoing of the Sith Order..."

25. crazyman1

crazyman1 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2008
    when I was a kid i remember looking at the Banthas and saying .. Hahaha... that's an elephant in a costume.. you can see his feet sticking out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.