main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did you feel sorry for Darth Vader at the end of ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Matthew78, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-421-

TK-421- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2003

2. TK-421-

TK-421- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2003
    double post sorry

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    And Luke continued to make progress with what little training he had.

No, I figured it out what you were saying. I just forgot to erase what I was going to ask.

4. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Which doesn't mean that the Younglings will given that Luke advances faster than even his father.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Which throws a wrench (or a hydrospanner for that matter) in the so-called prophecy.
    How can a human son surpass a child-of-the-Force? Strengthens my belief that the Sith made him.

6. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    Even if the Sith made him, he was still conceived using the Force, and the prophecy is still valid. However, who is to say that Anakin restoring balance to the Force and fulfilling his prophecy didn't require his children? The Jedi don't fully understand the prophecy, so its entirely possible that Luke and Leia were part of that prophecy all along. SSS, you are aware that if not for the direct statements from GL, that I would maintain that the Chosen One was born a generation after the Jedi think, and that it is LUKE that is the Chosen One, not Anakin, but, because I can't maintain that because of Lucas's confirming Anakin's status, I am still able to argue that while Anakin was the Chosen One, it was only through Luke that the prophecy could be fulfilled...so, the Chosen One restored balance through his children. With that point of view, I have no problems accepting that Luke can supersede his father's learning ability. Maybe as the Chosen One, Anakin was destined to father Luke and Leia, and THAT is how he brings balance. Prophecy doesn't state that Anakin has to restore balance by himself, or that any children of his couldn't match him midichlorian for midichlorian, Force potential for Force potential.

7. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Nah... the prophecy never really existed in my book.:p Hence the "so-called" portion of my last post. I like the "Sith made him angle" because it does not encroach upon the legacy of CT Vader. That being said, I do understand where you are coming from.

8. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Because he's Luke kriffing Skywalker. I dunno, I think if Lucas wanted to explain it he should have put the Son of the Suns prophecy in the films some how in addition to the Chosen One.

9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Wait!

I thought Anakin was the "Son of Suns"?
    A second prophecy?

I didn't know that:
    "Now, there ARE TWO of them?!?!"

This (prophecy thing) is getting out of hand.:p

10. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    The only official prophecy is that of "The Chosen One" which some fans have assumed = The Son Of the Suns. However the SoS one was from an old draft of A New Hope and was actually referring to Luke. So basically it's just fanon either way.

11. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I like to put it this way... I feel bad for Anakin when the suit goes on. You can tell he is scared and I know how pathway of evil he is now on. It is sad that he has thrown away his life and everything that happens at the end of RotS. A lot of people will continue to suffer because of his choice.

12. AnakinSucks

AnakinSucks Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    I didn't really feel anything - I was just curious about his injuries and reconstruction.

I was hoping that he would have more dialogue in the suit but knew that this probably would not be the case.

13. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I didn't feel sorry for Vader at all. I'm actually a bit confused why some one would feel sorry for Vader because he had been supposedly manipulated. But when was he? He gets a Force vision, talks to the Grand Master who tells him nothing is set in stone when looking into the future, and Sidious tells him that he doesn't have the power of Plagueis (albiet after Mace is dead). But Anakin had all the tools and resources to approach his vision pragmatically, but instead allowed his emotions to run wild, and when he finally became Vader, his true motives came foward which was his quest for power. That all being said, I was rooting for Vader the entire time in RotS, even though knowing the outcome. But I could never feel sorry for Vader, he chose his life.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Luke can be as strong as his father, same with Leia, because the Midichlorians are inherited. We get this in ROTJ, when Luke says that the Force runs strongly in his family. And again in TPM, when Qui-gon asks who Anakin's father was.

Palpatine manipulated Anakin when he told him that a Sith Lord discovered the power to cheat death. And because he himself is a Sith, then he can teach him to become stronger and more powerful. Thus they can figure out how to cheat death.

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I did not know that a symbiant-entity could be replicated through the host-lifeform's DNA via the reproductive process.
    Interesting.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In a film series where the laws of physics are altered to suit the needs of the story, this shouldn't be a surprise.

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Not surprising.
    Just interesting.

18. THEFORCEROCKS

THEFORCEROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2004

Yeah when I look at the Star Wars Movies I do feel sorry for the fact of what could have been had he just been patient. When I see Darth Vader after watching the PreQuels I don't look at him the same way now. Of course he did evil things and this is true but to look at his son and to look at him, yeah in a tiny way I do feel sorry for him. I don't feel sorry for his actions but I do feel sorry that he never got a chance to become the MAster Obi-Wan had said he would become not a Sith Lord.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In various places just in ROTS he had the chance to do the right thing.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, at this point "manipulate" has pretty much become a meaningless word in the culture, due to misuse. It often gets hurled as an accusation when someone doesn't like an outcome.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin always had opportunities to do the right thing in ROTS. He was just too selfish to make the effort.

22. kabob

kabob Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2007
    I think just a tiny bit, but really thinking about it, no. He let himself hurt the people he cared about and he did the things around him, he could of said no and not done it. So yeah no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.