main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did you guys know?

Discussion in 'Archive: Moncton, NB' started by swdestiny77, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swdestiny77

swdestiny77 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    That one of your very own, local Monctonians runs one of the largest fansites dedicated to Star Wars on the www???

http://sw-destiny.net

Nearly 14,000 images, forums, fan interviews (email me if you want to be interviewed), collector's corner (show us your stuff!!), adoptions, databank is coming soon, and ... well we're known for our hi-quality image gallery!!

Come by, say "hi!" by signing the guestbook or the tagboard!! Would love to hear from some local folks!!

May the Force Be With You!

2. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Very nice site. :D

3. swdestiny77

May 21, 2005
    Thanks DarthBabe!

I didn't even know Moncton had their own little forum here on TFN! So nice to see you guys!! :)

4. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    The forum has been around since November of '02 but it was hidden for a couple of months due to lack of traffic...

5. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    I'm working on a Star Wars timeline, running so far on 90 pages, comlete with footnotes and bibliography. It's constantly a work in progress, since Star Wars is constantly churning out books, comic books and video games. Even now I'm working on a quick synopsis of Episode III.

Anyway, I'll pass it along to you, swdestiny77. See if you can use it.

6. swdestiny77

May 21, 2005
    DARTH_MARK-22: That would be wonderful! Certainly send it along to my email and tell me how you would like to be credited for it! :)

7. DARTH_MARK-22

Mar 11, 2003
    swdestiny77: Give me awhile to finish the revisions, and I'll email it to you at the end of the week. As to how I get credited for it, I borrow heavily from other sources, so I'm also making a bibliography of all the movies, books, comic books, and video games handy, as well as the websites I visited. Essentially, I'd like to be credited as "Researched and Composed by Darth Mark."

8. arcticfox

arcticfox Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2004
  9. swdestiny77

May 21, 2005
    Update on Star Wars Destiny:

Main Site: http://sw-destiny.net for content
    Main Galleries: http://sw-dsetiny.net/gallery the majority of the images are here for the saga
    Secondary Galleries: http://forbidden-love.net/swcomics ROTS pics mostly here along with fanart, Clone Wars, etc...

All in all, around 17,000 pics between the two galleries... I expect to be close to 20,000 images (including ROTS caps) by the end of the weekend.

10. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Wow, that's a lot of pics. How long did it take you to accumulate them all?

11. swdestiny77

May 21, 2005
    DarthBabe: Well the site's 3rd birthday is August 31st so I guess nearly 3 years. The screencaps were made by myself, and I made some scans myself (as well as my staff). The rest of the images are just 3 years of surfing and grabbing what I could. It's also good to consider that the image galleries are not just the Star Wars films alone. We're looking at the Ewok Adventures movies, the Ewoks cartoons, Clone Wars, Expanded Universe, Fanart, Wallpapers, Icons, and hopefully I'll be able to grab the Droids DVD soon :p

I expect by the time ROTS comes out on DVD, to be at near 30,000 images. :)

12. swdestiny77

May 21, 2005
    Can I rant over here? Seriously!? Can I?

Look at this thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_/b10331/19058095/p108

I just got accused of ripping off 99% of my images on my site from mf.com More than half the images in my galleries are mine. My screencaps! My scans (or my staffer's scans). I credit my sources and I still get accused? I'm so angry right now!! :mad:

13. DARTH_MARK-22

Mar 11, 2003
    Sorry that I haven't sent the timeline in yet. I'm just scared that, because I've borrowed from a lot of materials, I'll be accused of plagiarism (and RIGHTLY so!!) So right now, I'm virtually rewriting the whole thing.

14. swdestiny77

May 21, 2005
    It's ok Darth_Mark-22... even with the alledgely stolen stuff in private galleries and being re-organized and checked, I'm still getting harassed and stuff. It's stupid and ridiculous. I am sad to say that jealousy is an evil thing. And the funny part, I still have something like 10,000 + images. It's nuts! Ugh! Immature people!

Lucikly TFN mods have been great and helpful.

15. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    That's insane that they would accuse you of that. Are you getting harrassed on tfn?

16. swdestiny77

May 21, 2005
    Some people will not let it go, they keep calling me "supershadow" and stuff like that...

TFN mods have been great, and one even helped me out by letting me have a few IP#s (which even matches some of the ones I got in my stats anyways, so they would've been banned from my domain either way)

Now they say they want "justice for internet creators" and I'm like... Great... sure! I'm sure everyone swipes my images that I capped all the time and don't credit me... I don't care if they do or not. And the vast majority of my images were not collected from them anyways... they were collected from elsewhere...

I think it's a bunch of kids who are bored and want something to do...

But now I'm wasting my time organizing the galleries rather than updating them which is making me so angry... I wanted to finish capping ROTS, and the Ewoks films, and stuff like that... Oh well!

By the way, if any Moncton JCers want access to the "private" galleries, just PM me a username and password and I'll let you guys in!

17. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Wow... I havent been here in soooo long! How are y'all doing?

18. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey there! Long time no see!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.