main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Did you hear about the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? xD

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Haiku SKywalker, May 9, 2016.

1. Haiku SKywalker

Haiku SKywalker Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2016
    Hi everyone! I am a fan all over from the old continent, and I live in Portugal. Grew up with the original trilogy, and am a fan of the prequels as well :)

My favorite characters are Anakin, Jar-Jar Binks, Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Kylo and Rey. I am thinking about starting to watch The Clone Wars and Rebels, but don't actually know if it is actually worth it.

I am a long time returned Magic The Gathering player and aspirant artist.

Feel free to ask more questions :)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello, welcome to the boards.

I've enjoyed both The Clone Wars and Rebels, there are discussions here on those series. :)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to the old new world, Haiku Skywalker! :)

Have you discovered the fanclubs of your favorite characters? They are fun! :D

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hear about it? I called the ambulance!

Welcome to the Boards.

We hope you have a great time with us.

5. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Haiku SKywalker TCW is fantastic. Rebels is worth it for the Season 2 finale alone. Some of the best SW content even if at times it's crazy.

6. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    As an old-school Original Trilogy fan, I highly recommend watching The Clone Wars series. Both the 2D micro-series by Tartakovsky, and the CGI series by Filoni. They're everything Star Wars is meant to be.

Be sure to watch the CGI series in the correct order, it will make more sense.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder/

I also highly recommend reading or audiobooking the Darth Plagueis novel. It provides a bigger picture of what is going on during the prequels. Cloak of Deception does so as well.

It is definitely worth it to watch the cartoons and read some of the novels. They have done what I had figured was always impossible, made watching the OT an even more richer experience.

7. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Don't give up on TCW! It gets better.