main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Did you know?" - reveal a fact about yourself

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by timbolton, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Did you know I have a four-inch scar on my right butt-cheek! o_O

Seriously! I was born by c-section, and the Butcher, er...I mean Doctor botched the operation, and sliced into me at the same time. From what I've been told, I was lucky I was facing the way I was, otherwise I'd have a nice scar across my face, or I might have been Jewish! :p

2. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Very similar, but sometimes one will be clear and i can breath through it...I think its because my "snot-makers" are too much for my nose and its constantly blocked...But when it is clear i cant really do anything with it...

3. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Did you know its says on my toe tag from when i was born, Length - 51cms!

4. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Did you know ...

I am allergic to Vodka. It brings me out in a rash, raises my temperature and makes it hard for me to breath!

5. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    DID YOU KNOW
    i can speak british sign language

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    What am I saying then?

7. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Did you know... I sang on the radio once (in a choir, but still on the radio)

8. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Did you know: I've performed in the Sydney Opera House? Not for the finals of Australian Idol either (I'm not that good!)

9. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    edit: you don`t need to know :p

10. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Did you know: I, along with a good friend, was in the final stages of getting a childrens book published before the publishers backed down :(

11. Black_Scout

Nov 10, 2003
    Did you know.. I just found the Spam sketch which I had lost [face_dancing]

12. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Cool stuff everyone :cool: :D

I am going to be a bit obscure with the next one, but it should still make sense.
    When I was doing my A'Levels (so about 16 or 17) a friend in my form (Art) read my palm. She was a goth type and very much into that sort of mystical thing. I wasn't so sure of it at the time, but knowing now what I do, I have to say there is definitely something in that side of our world.

Ok, the basics of what she said was that there would be two major events that follow one from one another, without the first there wouldn't be the second. When she told me about the first, I was like "no way!" (being innocent, full of hope and not cynical lol :p ), though obviously the second would overshadow the first with a hopeful and better future. But the first wasn't something I would want to happen (I have a feeling you'd all agree, but as it is something I won't reveal personally in the public area of the forums, you'll just have to guess :p ).

Anyways, the first thing happened. She was right, and it isn't the sort of thing you sit there and happily predict for your friend, so either she was in a bad mood that day (and she isn't that sort of person), or she can read people's future via palm reading. I reckon the latter, though the second part has yet to happen (just the first being guessed at the age of 17 is enough to convince me). Or maybe she just understood from the way I am and what matters to me, what I would fear the most in my life. Maybe. Anyways, unfortunately I have lost touch with her so I can't tell her she was right about me.

And no, I am not a mass murderer lololol :p

*picks up axe*

13. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Did you know

That my ears are different sizes and one sticks out more, making passport photos look odd because it seems like I have my head at an angle.

Oh, you did know. Okay, sorry.

14. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Did you know i was gonna be in a film with Christopher Eccleston and Kate Winslet called Jude. But they didn't get ma damn costume in the right size so i just got to spend a day messin around on the set.

15. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    In keeping with the nose theme.

Did you know that I only have 4 senses.

I have no sense of smell what so ever.

Never have and probably never will.

I first realised something was wrong when coming up to lunch time in Junior School, my friends used to guess what food was being cooked by the smell. I had no idea what they were talking about. People often ask me how I manage without a sense of smell, but since i've never had one i'm not really missing anything. It's like asking a blind man how can he manage not being able to see a sun set.

He's blind! He couldn't even begin to imagine what one would look like.

Just as the different types of smells leave me with no concept as to what they are and how they are percieved.

Plus there is an added bonus. My remaining 4 senses are increased to almost superhuman levels!

16. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Oh man, there are times when I really would envy you Mr W Guy.

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well as a young single guy, I guess there are certain benefits to not being able to smell anything. It makes it a lot easier to have a chillie keebab for supper and not have to worry about it stinking the house out.

I tend not to tell people though to be honest. I only tell them if I really trust them and i'm sure they have nothing to gain from attempting to poison me by leaving the gas on.....

For example.

Not that i'm paranoid or anything.

18. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    how does welshguy smell?

terrible!!

:p :p :p :p :p

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no.

I think you owe us all an apology.

20. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Welshguy, ive heard that some of your taste sensations (as in when your eating) comes from your nose...

21. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Did you know that when I was in Year 8 I was throwing an apple up in the air and catching it in the playground, then I threw it really high and as I went to catch it slipped through my hands and broke my noise. I had to go to hospital and everything.

22. Black_Scout

Nov 10, 2003
    I cracked some ribs on a school chair when I was 10. I turned right round and got my ribs hooked over the top of the chair, I then pulled backwards without releasing myself from the chair, and crack! Lovely story, my friends hate it.

23. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I'm the worst for school injuries. I've been burnt, bit, stung and broke my nose. [face_plain]

24. Black_Scout

Nov 10, 2003
    By another student?

Did you know... I have IBS, my mum has Coeliac disease, and my dad had colitis, Good guts don't run in our family apprently

25. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    When I was five and in kindy, I was playing outside. I was walking across a log when I slipped and fell , landing on the log (all the guys ouch with pain). I went to PMH (Princess Magaret Hospital for kids) for exploratory surgery. Apparently, if I couldn't go to the toilet, I would have to have a cathater. I don't remember having the accident, but I do remember being in hospital. I remember the operating theatre and waking up one day to my Aunty Mary and Uncle Bohdan and cousins Peter and Andrew standing over me. They scared the living daylights out of me!

And then there was the time we had peaches for dessert and I couldn't cut them. I asked the janitor to do it for me! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.