1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    This thread is where we can talk about upcoming movies, books, DVDs, TV shows, anything that has recently come into the world in any format.

My inspiration for this thread is the fact that JB Hi-Fi have "the biggest range of retro anime box sets - all cheap" at the moment including Voltron, Robotech, Battle of the Planets and Transformers. They also have a box set of The Muppet Show (which I think someone has already mentioned before) as well as all sorts of other stuff.

So what other wonderful things are coming into the world soon?

EDIT: I've changed the name of the thread. I figure this can still encompass all the upcoming movie/dvd releases and stuff like that, but also new tidbits of information that other people may not know. Also you can ask here if someone knows how to do something.
  2. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Yesterday the Footrot Flats animated movie was released on DVD. The petition on my website got noticed, so much in fact that the distributor game me a bunch of copies to give away from my website (They're all gone). Not a bad DVD release. I't got commentary, interviews, music videos etc. I won't retire my home-made bootleg version just yet though since I prefer my DVD menus. :p
  3. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Bunch of interesting things coming out in November. DVD wise there's Lost, Stargate Atlantis and House all coming out on DVD locally. The Brothers Grimm is out at cinema's next week I think, might be good even with Heath involved. Huge pile of great video games out now and coming out real soon.
  4. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Madagascar is due soon. And The Island. Mmmmm, Ewan McGergor =P~
  5. Darth_Holden Jedi Padawan

Footrot Flats: A Dog's Tale - what a great movie with a great soundtrack too. Done entirely by Dave Dobbyn if I remember rightly. It's about time that this gem made it onto DVD, I have been waiting a while for it.

As a sidenote, I reckon "Slice of Heaven" by Dave Dobbyn and the Herbs should be made the New Zealand national anthem...
  6. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Unknown to Nicole I ordered the Muppet show box yesterday for her.

Spielbergs War of the Worlds is out next week, I'm looking forward to it as I did not get a chance to see it at the cinemas.
  7. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to wee WOTW as well since I also missed it. Apparently there were a couple of other remakes of that movie that were being done at the same time. I think one was finished and one wasn't. Kinda annoys me though the way several movies on the same topic will come out all at once. Makes you wonder who's copied who.
  8. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    War of the Worlds is out now at JB. The original movie I think is being re-released in a SE DVD set. The other movies that were being done at the same time, I only know one, and that was based completly on the novel. Not sure how it turned out, and it was a low budget flick.
  9. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    I think they're kinda "made for T.V" quality.

On that note, if some of these decent Telemovies spent a little money on the music, rather than doing a crappy cheap synthesised casio score they'd be quite watchable!
  10. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Saw the Superman teaser on the weekend
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah....
    that looks way cool.

Only gotta wait 7 more months.....

11. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Picked up Madagascar on DVD today :p
  12. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Is it good Kart ? I'm considering ordering it tomorrow based on what I've heard.
  13. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I liked it :D

I just heard they've re-released Queen's "A Night at the Opera" as a special 30th anniversary CD/DVD combo. I must get it.............

*Goes into a trance-like state*
  14. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Might have to order it then.

My mum has the vinyl of that Queen album, some absolutely great music there.
  15. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There's a few DVDs I'd like to get, but I have no money at until pay day which is next week. Why does beutifying yourself for a wedding cost so much?
  16. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Never had that problem... [face_monkey]

Haven't bought a dvd in aaages, need to find something worthwhile... hmm
  17. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I've got to go to a wedding in January, but the only thing I'll need to spend money on is a new shirt perhaps.

DVD wise I just put in an order for Madagascar, The Emperors new groove and a Tolkien Documentary that cost $4.00 (bargain). I think the Tolkien disk was included in one of the collectors editions of LOTR.
  18. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Is that the Master of the Rings one? I got that one a few years back and it came with a audio music CD as well. Lots of interviews and some very good artwork.
  19. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I think thats the one, though I don't think there is an audio cd with this one.
  20. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *Ponders about dipping into holiday money*

Is that wise? I wanna buy some DVDs........
  21. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Depends on:

a) How much you plan on taking from said savings.

b) How much difference that money will make to your holiday.

c) Whether you plan to replace the money later.

But it is up to you in the end.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about a region 4 release of Fraggle Rock ?
  22. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah, screw it. I bought The Island and Madagascar today [face_blush]

I don't know about region 4 Fraggle Rick, but I own region 1 :p
  23. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm considering buying the region 1 version, but if there is a region 4 set coming I don't mind waiting a little longer.
  24. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well knowing my luck, maybe not too much longer. Whenever I buy region 1 cause it's not released here, a couple of months late it is!
  25. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.