Did you leave something at the Holiday Party?

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by Bobafemme, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    We have a few things left over from the party. Let me know if it belongs to you, how you think you'll get it back.

Green and white bowls (I believe these are Cheryl's I need to figure out the next book meeting and if both of us will be there)

Blender top (Rex?)

Black quarter zip pullover

Stale hamburger buns

Send me a PM or email at bobafemme@yahoo.com if you are the owner of one of these things.
  2. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I'm more curious as to why you've kept the stale hamburger buns this long than who they belong to.
  3. JediGeek Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes, I brought the bowls but they are yours to keep if you would like. Otherwise, I'll be at the book club in Schaumburg on Saturday. But again, please feel free to keep them. I figured you might be able to use them again for any get-togethers Jason and yourself may have.
  4. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    The buns are being saved for a science experiment or when Sithy comes over next,whichever comes first.
  5. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I keep everything stale and feed it to the birds later. I hear they also like young man rolled in corn meal too.
  6. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  7. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    As a wildlife person....I feel the need to tell you that feeding birds stale bread is not good for them...

rather....feed them seed...

;)
  8. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    The only thing I left at the Holiday Party was my innocence (and my heart 'cause BespinBelle was there).
  9. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Does the bread hurt them? I actually put seed in the feeders. I have some rare form of OCD where I cannot throw any food out unless it is meat, cheese or fat. Any bread, fruit or veggie goes outside. (if there is mold on it, it goes in the garbage) Either the squirrels, birds or rabbits get it. Okay, so it isn't an OCD, just a weird waste not compulsion.
  10. RexGetz Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Blender top is mine. I'll call you or Goat later.
  11. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm trying to ween her off of this OCD but I'm failing miserably.
  12. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    bread is a poor quality food that can make birds and other wildlife sick. They are better off foraging for seed and foods that they would naturally eat...things that contain more protien....

seeds, suet, and even some berries contain the protein they need....if they "fill up" on bread...they don't get the nutrition that they need...

I am with you on the "waste not" too....but I do make an exception when it comes to feeding wildlife ....

one use for stale bread....put in freezer.....then....use for french toast...
    ;)
  13. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    lol....

Goat...once a person is "frugal" and/or environmentally responsible.

....you will never break them of the habit...it is second nature....

and in today's very wasteful and "throw away" society...that can be a good thing....

embrace it....

ok....falling off soap box now....

:D

15. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "or THROW IT OUT!"

[face_laugh]

It's good to have a man's opinion around here.
  16. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    it has nothing to do with men/women

I know a few men who are incredibly frugal....and would be tossing that bread into the freezer and making the french toast....

as a matter of fact...the person who told me the stale bread/french toast thing....his name is Richard!

:p
  17. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    You know men who can make french toast? :eek:
  18. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Can he make french toast out of hotdog buns?
  19. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    yep....hot dog buns turn out about the same thickness as "texas toast"...they ain't pretty...but they taste good...

20. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    What's so weird about a guy making french toast? It's a fairly simple meal to cook, which makes it good for guys (or gals, actually) living alone and on a budget.

The only reason I don't make it more often myself is that I never remember to buy bread when I'm shopping.

Or eggs, for that matter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.