main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did you like Bounty Hunter (PS2 or Gamecube versions)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MandalorianJango, Feb 20, 2003.

?

Did you like Bounty Hunter (PS2 or Gamecube versions)

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

80.9%
  2. No

19.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
  2. MandalorianJango

Feb 2, 2003
    I voted yes. I thought the game was good but it could have been better. Such as flying and fighting in Slave I or in Jaster's Legacy. Also they could have done more on Jango's background.

3. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I haven't played it yet, but from what I've seen it looks great.

4. SithShadow

SithShadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2001
    I loved this game! Especially the cutscenes were some of the best i've ever seen! I also enjoyed how the game takes a closer look into jango's past and the mandalorians. I want a sequel so bad! :(

5. Spaced

Spaced Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
    I really liked it, however, there was one BIG error-Jango shouldnt have had saber darts until he had been recruited by the Kaminoans, since Dex tells Obi Wan that they are only found there, however the game, the cutscenes and everyting were great

6. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Loved it...

7. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    They weren't saber darts. They were just your commen every day poison darts.
    It says so in the manule.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Great game- awesome cut scene and voice work too.

Though the mid-level load times on the PS2 version were very annoying, so the GCN version was more enjoyable because of that and the slightly better graphics.

9. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Well I'm afraid I'm the first no on the list. Sure it was a good enough arcade blaster but I don't think the game ever went beyond that.

Bounty Hunter. The title and what I've read of the EU novels (Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy and Tales of the Bounty Hunters) suggests that this really shouldn't be an arcade style game where you can go around blasting everything in sight. Scenes in the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy and common sense suggest that collecting a bounty on someone's head doesn't involve pretending to be rambo and shooting everything that appears on screen. (and those that appear in the rooms that were empty when you checked before) Of course I knew it was arcade action when I bought the game and I'm not complaining it's a good enough game but it doesn't fully live up to what it could've been with a different approach.

The idea.
    Take Bounty Hunting and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six games (I can't speak for the other Clancy games as I haven't played them), add all the nice Star Wars theming and nice weaponary. Notice that you know have a strategic game where each hunt requires planning. You need to work out a strategy that will lead you to the bounty and take the bounty or sufficient evidence of removal with you as you escape to Slave 1.

Maybe it's just me but I feel that Bounty Hunter just didn't give the feel of collecting bounties.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm still playing the game (on the Prison Escape level) and I am having a good time with it. If I have any criticism (other than some of the glitches in the PS2 version) it is that some of the levels are too long. The prison Breakout level,for one, really needed a save point in the middle. I would welcome a sequel, especially if it featured Boba Fett.

11. AT7

AT7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2000
    I will admit BH looks great, but at the end of the day it was alot to pay - i found it dull and repetitive and worst of all it made me real dizzy each time i played it !!! So far, JKII seems the last of the great SW games.... i dont see anything bright in the future in terms of single player arcade action type things..... what would be great....a game with all the oldies/the jedi kids and the vong !!!! Ive since sold BH and putting the proceeds towards Devil May Cry 2 ! HERE I COME !!! DIE DEMON SCUM !!!!!!!

12. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I hate the Prison escape level, I really went off the game on that level but as I moved onto Malastere I started liking the game a bit more. I voted Yes because it's a good game overall.

13. MandalorianJango

Feb 2, 2003
    Hey AT7 I have beaten both characters games in Devil May Cry 2 and the game was one of my most favorite games I had ever played. To get back to the subject of Bounty Hunter I heard that in the seqeul you will be Boba Fett.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I enjoyed Bounty Hunter immensely - yes the game play got a little repetitive and the Tusken Canyon level is absurdly tought, but over all, it was a hell of a lot of fun. Having completed it three times now, it's probably my favorite PS2 title.

I would have preferred a little more care in making the game - environment geometry and collision dectection left a little to be desired.

I have never seen it on the GC, TSQ, so I can't comment on the graphics. But you are right, the cutscenes and voice acting are the best I have seen.

15. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Yes.

I liked the game alot...but the thumbs are a bit sore after blasting "nameless thug #'s 1 through 100000000000000000000000000"

and the fact I only used the double blasters through the whole game (untill I got to Bogden)

16. MandalorianJango

Feb 2, 2003
    My thumbs got pretty tired too!!

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    This is the best SW game I've played so far!!! I luv it! [face_love]

The best way to enjoy it definitely is getting the "Infinite Jetpack" cheat, then you can fly around at your leisure. This is especially cool in the Coruscant, asteroid prison and Malestare missions.

Some of the bounties are so difficult to catch (like the ones who tend to fall off into a bottomless pit) that it almost drove me nuts to have to start a level all over again just so I could catch a bounty. But I still loved every minute of play! :D

I can't wait for a sequel(s), it would be sweet to play as Boba, as Zam Wasell, etc.

18. LordRomeinp

LordRomeinp Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2002
    THe game needs a better health system and shield and better weapons.

19. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Yes, I enjoyed the game. I like how they tied it in to the movies... Allying with Zam Wessel and agreeing to Dooku's offer. Very cool game.

20. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
  21. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    The gameplay was too repetetive and there were way too many bugs.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm still playing it - on the final chapter
    (Moon of the Dead level). My criticisms still stand - some of the levels are way too
    long. They need a save point midway. I'll get there in the end. But all in all, it was worth buying the ps2 to play it. (And I have since picked up a few more games to try after BH).

23. AT7

AT7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2000
    Hi All !
    BH 2 eh ? I would give it a go, but I wouldn't hang out for it, like I have been hanging out for JEDI ACADEMY ! Im having so much fun just playing the darn demo !!

I am looking forward to KOTOR for PC. As for my PS2, Im not sure if any other SW games are planned for it ?... Being a Final Fantasy Nut though, I can't wait for FFx-2 of course, and want to give Unlimited Saga a go, though many seem to be canning it :(

I would like to voice my fierce pity of the gamecube, and curse Lucasarts for only ever bringing Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 to that dodgy cube !

However, have fun, whatever you are all doing !!! Peace can exist between PS2/GC/ XBOX and PC Gamers !!!!!

If BH2 does come out I hope its camera/perspective doesnt give me headspins like the orginal did !

MTFBWYA
    Spoiler Free for Episode 3 !!!
    AT7

24. RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
    as bliv said it should be alot more like the books. And you should be able to pick up weapons off dead bods if they wanted it to be real-like.

25. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    I watched the opening cutscene and played a little of the first level. I raged in anger and beat the person who loaned it to me over the head with it the next day.

Does that answer the question? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.