main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Did you like Clone Wars? Do you like Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SatineNaberrie, Feb 25, 2015.

?

What Star Wars shows do you like?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2015.
  1. Clone Wars (CGI)

83.8%
  2. Rebels

69.1%
  3. Clone Wars (2D animation)

63.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I have to be honest, we did not need another cartoon about the Clone Wars after 2005. The story of the this time period should have concluded and be done in the past. The political story of the Clone Wars was not much to expound upon anymore after that.

It was time to move on to the time period between Episode III and IV after ROTS. Rebels is only about ten years late almost. I think within the next year or two Disney should already begin moving towards the era after the Battle of Endor to tie in with the new ST.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This though starting closer to ROTS and getting closer to Rebels over the years just in time for the ST would have been more interesting to see.

3. Fuzzy ambassador

Fuzzy ambassador Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2012
    I'm probably in the minority here but,
    1-Rebels
    2-Microseries
    3-TCW
    I started watching TCW for General Grievous, (who I loved in the microseries and in ROTS) and didn't really care for the episodes with him in them, but that's not really fair to TCW because I was watching a show so I could basically get a peek at my favorite character. There were other characters I really enjoyed though, like Hondo, who was awesome, and the locations in the show were fantastic and beautifully rendered. The difference with Rebels is that I find myself liking almost every character on the show, good guy and bad. I never thought I'd like Chopper, and yet he's one of my favorites. I hate Kallus for his involvement in the extermination of Zeb's people, but I love Kallus (yes, and his lovely facial hair) because he is such a effective bad guy. To me anyway.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  4. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Should have an option for "All of the above".

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  5. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Love the microseries, indifferent to Rebels (I can't stand Ezra or Sabine) - but that indifference would turn to outright hatred if Tano is brought back into the fold as a pivotal character (excuse the pun).
    I hate TCW with a passion bordering on nausea and murderous hatred.

lookameatbag likes this.
  6. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    Then why watch it? Are you one of those people that also hates Phantom Menace, but saw it in the theater 5 times and bought it on VHS and DVD?

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    To see if its good or not I imagine.

8. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

You can select all of the options.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Precisely, FS.

Tackleberry: Yes, I don't like TPM but I bought the PT DVDs twice. I bought the OT 5 times. Now I don't own any of the films.

10. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Yes, to all, Though I really like TCW, and Rebels a bit more than CW, that being said my favorite CW parts are the ones with Palpy getting "kidnapped". I wish they would re do that in the CGI animation style. Though were the funniest parts hands down.

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I disagree with your TCW take, but i do agree with Disney going aggressive with their own characters. Just hope its not cgi animation like TCW and Rebels. Being that Rey, Poe and Finn are the present and future of the franchise, they will probably get their own show.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll go from loving Rebels to hating it if Tano is brought back as a pivotal character.

Trebor Sabreon and lookameatbag like this.
  13. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't really understand all the schadenfreude around here.

But whatever.

15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Not so much the joy at the misery of others, but then again I also don't see how people would get upset over one character maturing and becoming something more in the universe. ;)

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Um...different taste?

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  17. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

Yeah I like the second half of the micro series more than the "4 minutes with a random jedi every week!" first half too. It has an actual plot and does more things with the characters that appear in it. though the final battle between Anakin and Ventress in the first half is really great.

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    If you're speaking of Anakin, I don't think he matured in any of it.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah, he was talking about Ahsoka.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    If that's so I thought she did a bit in the end. :) Still don't much like either though.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Did you like any of the classic shows.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I absolutely love TCW.

The microseries is decent - its over the top moments make me laugh though lol

I do not like Rebels that much (although I do like it more than when I first saw it) - more of the characters from the films/EU and less of the Disney characters please

sarlaccsaurs-rex and CoolyFett like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Love me some Anakin.

Did not like srs bsns know-it-all "mature" Ahsoka.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I love that she had the guts to leave the Order. :)

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Guts" is not the word I would use but that's for another thread.

lookameatbag and hairymuggle like this.