main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did You Notice Obi Has Learned About Saber Locks?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by StormTrooper1776, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Obi-Wan uses the force to aid his strength. He doesn't have "monster muscles."

There are a couple of films with Ewan in that suggest otherwise :eek:

2. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    DARTH_BELO
    The only thing I think doesn't sit right with me is that, in Ep. I-III, we see him improve, and in ROTS he's at his best. But then all of a sudden in Ep. IV, when he fights Vader, he struggles, barely looking like he even KNOWS what he's doing-even though VADER HIMSELF isn't as good as HE used to be either.

I can compare it to when I play the drumset-if I (as I have before) go half a year without touching a set, once I do, I fumble all over the drums-but after a few straight weeks of doing it, I get back into the swing...

so yeah, I guess that's the way to xplain it...

i feel the same need to explain it, heres how i do it. sidious takes out 3 jedi in about 7 seconds. only mace windu and yoda seem able to operate at that speed, other jedi appear frozen against this speed. vader learns this technique from sidious, obi-wan struggles to compete against it (like the other jedi arrest party). that justifies the different PT and OT styles for me. is that crazy or what?
    :D

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Which films are you refering to M_S? You sure you're not mixing him up with Arnold? ;)
    In trainspotting, he certainly was scrawny. I mean, I know that was a long time ago, but Ewan's not really the tough guy action hero.

4. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    interesting point, Stormtrooper1776

I had noticed that a sabre lock ended BOTH of the Sith duels that Kenobi won (Maul and Vader). But the other examples on this thread were less obvious.

Also, all three Sith apprentices try to force-push Kenobi during/finishing a sabre lock.

Ep1-
    -Maul force-pushes Obi-Wan after overpowering him in the sabre lock.

Ep3-
    -Dooku's force-pushes Obi-Wan (Ep3), after Anakin's/ Dooku's/ Obi-Wan's sabres all lock together at once.
    -When Anakin tries to force-push Obi-Wan, again during a sabre lock, this time Kenobi is ready.

Obi-Wan clearly improves between Aotc and ROTS, but as Yoshifett stated - how could he not?
    Still, it is cool that you can actually see it.
    Something I failed to notice in the Ep3 Dooku duel; if you watch Kenobi in the sections where he and Anakin fight Dooku together, Kenobi is actually dueling slightly faster than Anakin.
    That is, until Dooku starts using force powers to get him out of the way.

5. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Very true. I think that certainly fighting all those wars and becoming one of the heros of the Republic certainly would improve his fighting style, including the Saber Locks. He really had to be in top form for all the battles he fought.

6. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Or maybe he justtook the battle seriously and focused when facing Anakin especially when he locked sabers.

7. Juggernaut86

Juggernaut86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005

8. almighty_smiley

almighty_smiley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    yeah, anakin was guided by blind fury, and look where that gets you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.