main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did you think Savage Opress was a good character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Graves101, Apr 4, 2013.

?

Opress

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graves101

Graves101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 28, 2013
    I think he was really well done. Something about him just says he's not evil, despite outwardly acting so, and you can't help but somewhat pity him, and that is good characterization IMO.

My greatest disappointment in Savage Opress however, is how when Darth Maul came back, he was reduced to little more than a quiet background character.

Sudooku likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wasn't crazy about him at first but he grew on me.

And I agree that he would have been a better character if Maul hadn't come back.

Sudooku, Esg and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I think the point of Savage Opress is to feel of him as you would to "Frankenstein," Savage was a normal person transformed into a horrifying monster and met a tragic fate. Him being a "Frankenstein" type character, he would naturally take a back seat to the more intelligent Darth Maul.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Savage was the brawn to Maul's brains, but he also succeeded in unlocking some of the inner humanity within his brother. No one else has ever come close to cracking that shell Maul has around his heart. Because of that, when Savage died it was actually possible for the first time to feel some degree of sympathy for Maul--even after hating him a few minutes earlier when he killed Satine in cold blood.

Also, the original Savage thread is only a few pages down, so maybe this could be merged with it? I'm always looking for excuses to revive that thread, after all.

Sudooku and Circular Logic like this.
  5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Hell no. He had the makings of someone interesting with the Frankenstein motif but it got squandered in favor of Maul

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'll always wonder what they would have done had Maul not come back.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I never liked him that much, he was an average character, but he was quite good in some episodes, like 'Witches of the Mist'.

8. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I actually liked the character. Would have liked it better had Maul not come back, though. He could have gotten revenge for his brother without his brother actually making an appearance. Either way, he appeared to be a decent character study - not all that strong of will until Mama's meddling gave him strength of body. I enjoyed watching him develop.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Should have only been Savage Opress and not bring back Darth Maul. Have Opress stay as Dooku's apprentice for more than Nightsister trilogy.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I'm the opposite. He had the potential to be a great Dark Jedi (alongside Asajj Ventress), but immediately, they ruined him with magic and Darth Maul's evil doppelgänger coming back into the picture.

11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    He is not evil? Well ok, lets just ignore the fact that he helped Maul slaughter children to bring Obiwan to them.

Though he became evil even before that incident.

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    What makes this different from the Savage Opress thread that has 31 pages?

Savage was magically transformed into an evil monster, but I don't think it's reasonable to hold that against him. There were no signs of evil before the transformation, despite growing up in what appeared to be a very savage culture.

13. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I liked him and his roar.

Sudooku and The Shadow Emperor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.