main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Didn't any Jedi think something was wrong with Revan when...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kish, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    All the flashbacks with Revan include him wearing that mask. But shouldn't wearing a creepy dark mask set off some warning signs to the other Jedi that something is up?

If Anakin started wearing a Darth Vader helmet during the clone wars, wouldn't the other Jedi say something?

2. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Actually, you can't see the mask in most of the flashbacks.

Revan is wearing a cowled robe in most of them.

Standard Jedi wear - see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon at the beginning of TPM.

3. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"If Anakin started wearing a Darth Vader helmet during the clone wars, wouldn't the other Jedi say something?"<<

Two completely different things - Anakin would be seeing something that hasn't yet happened, but Revan was merely having flashbacks of his old life. And in his flashbacks, Revan saw himself from "outside" his body, a 3rd person view - not as a 1st person POV, which might have set off some alarms.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think he means that if Revan was wearing that mask while he was running around battling Mandalore, wouldn't the Jedi fighting under him be a bit worried? Especially with that mask looking so Sithful.

5. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Oh right, my bad. I caught the wrong end of the stick...

Maybe it's a peice of odd culture from Revan's homeworld or something, like Depa Bilaba gets her two beads on her forehead...maybe when he completed some great deed or something he gets to wear this mask of honour or something.

6. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Although not entirely confirmed by the dialogue, it's probable that Revan did not begin wearing such a wardrobe until *after* the Mandalorian Wars began -- remember that it was Revan who issued the Great Flocking Call To War for the Jedi, and someone donning intimidating battle attire and a ginchy mask would only add to the Republic psy-ops "bounce."

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The Jedi also wore battle armor during this time

8. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Yup, i agree he didnt start wearing the mask til he went Sith.

And thats the only thing that i like about the KOTOR Jedi more than the Prequal era oes, their battle armor, i loved Ulic Qel-Dromas armor :D

Though the black leather things that Anakin and the Younger Jedi in the comics wear are cool.

9. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Maybe he didn't really wear it and it's a defense mechanism, where Revan's mind subconsciously added in the mask to the memories to repress the traumatic truth from his conscious mind.

;) No, I don't really believe that, but hey, it's an idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.