main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Didn't Lando know who Princess Leia was?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lukes_Lightsaber, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I mean she was a Senator, after all. Lando was on a backwards planet, but he no doubt kept up with the news.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    He might have known of her, but not what she looked like.

3. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    With the whole "Well well well, what do we have here", I'd suppose not. A Senator deserves a more formal greeting. :p

)~(Sith)~(

4. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Lando probably figured she was just some cheap floozie bimbo that Han picked up somewhere.

5. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm sorry, they arrived right before you did ~ Lando.

This to me would make me believe that Darth Vader told Lando who was coming and how to act. Though possibly not The Princess Leia but most certainly the Millenium Falcon and hence Lando would know Han and Chewie are on their way.

6. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    If you saw the senate in the prequels I think you would realize it's probably pretty hard to know who EVERY senator in the galaxy is.

7. C6P6H6

C6P6H6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    I believe that Lando may have heard of Leia, but Darth and/or Fett told him only that Solo, Chewy nad a chick and some droids were coming. Then told him to greet them as usual to set up the plan.

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I have to agree w/ Darth_Falcon. Vader told Lando exactly who was coming, and what the deal was. He was trying to play it cool. Also I think he was just trying to compete w/ Han one last time, this time for Leia.

9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Leia never said her last name.
    If she said "I'm an Organa"
    he would probably know.
    But she just says her name is "Leia"

-Seldon

10. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    If you met a Senator from the US would you immediatly recognize him? Even if introduced by his 1st name only?

11. Mary_Skywalker

Mary_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    Lukes_Lightsaber

Do you remember every Senator from every state in the real world? I mean look at the size of the Galactic Senate Rotunda's different species!

12. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Yes, but she was from Alderaan, and last I checked The Death Star had destroyed Alderaan. Surely Lando would have known about that.

13. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I would say no.

Theres thousands of senators and thousands of planets.

Plus Lando even says his operations and planet have been able to avoid Imperial intanglement- so he probably doesnt care about the Imperial Senate or visit Corusant to often...

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Lets say country X was blown up in a nuclear explosion. A Senator from nation X was in England at the time. If that Senator showed up at your house for dinner three years later would you remember them if all they gave you was their first name?

I know I would not remember!
    It makes no difference whether her planet was destroyed or not!

-Seldon

15. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Yes, but she was from Alderaan, and last I checked The Death Star had destroyed Alderaan. Surely Lando would have known about that. [i/]

That was never stated in ESB. Han introduced her as Leia, not "Leia formerly of Alderaan". He didn't even say her last name.

16. smellyouvediscovered

smellyouvediscovered Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2004
    he didnt care who she was, he just wanted to tap that. colt 45 style

17. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Ok, how many of you know who the prime minister of Finland is? Get it?

And that's just a mediocre litte blue/green planet we're talking about here people!

So I don't expect Lando (or anyone else) to know every leader/political figure in the galaxy.

18. DarthNigel

DarthNigel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 2003
    The senate had been disbanded for about 3 years, and whatever public spotlight Leia had as a Senator would have also been gone for 3 years.

As stated above, given the length of time since she had been in the Senate, the sheer number of Senators from different worlds, and the fac that she was only introduced by her first name, there's no reason to expect that Lando would know who she was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.