main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Didn't like TCW but love rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by VampLena, Sep 6, 2015.

1. VampLena

VampLena Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2015
    Anyone else feel like that? I just couldn't get into TCW, it just felt wrong to me but I absolutely love Rebels and am super hyped for season 2. That being said I do like Ashoka, I'm glad she's so popular and on rebels.

Not to mention the last episodes really made the Jedi order look like morons given all of yodas revelations. It's so hard to imagine how RotS happened with that knowledge Yoda gained.

V-2 likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Not really given the timing of production of projects. :p

Nope, don't care for either.

Davak24 likes this.
  3. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I hate the TCW, kinda liked Rebels, but TCW characters are back in it and I'm pretty much done with it.

Besides, I'll just keep watching/reading/playing the old stuff until TFA comes out.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    With the exception of a few episodes, I did not like TCW after season 2, but I really like Rebels, especially Kanan and Hera.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I strongly prefer TCW, especially the latter seasons.

6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I liked TCW overall. I do wish they did show more of other jedi though....should not have been the Anikin/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka show all the time. Also did not like the way they did the mis order of episodes with the "Secrets Revealed" season. And really could have done without Mortis.....look at all the reveleations....then their memories are wiped so it means absolutely nothing.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still like TCW just by a bit.

CoolyFett likes this.
  8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Hate TCW, love Rebels.

9. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    I like both.

CoolyFett, V-2 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  10. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Yep, same here. The darker and more mature the latter seasons got, the more enjoyable I found the show. I'm wary of Disney allowing Rebels to go down the same path, although the later episodes in the first season were pretty good.

11. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    We doesn't like Rebels does we precious

I prefer TCW, but I didn't like every episode(D-Squad and Mortis Trilogy I hated)

cwustudent, CoolyFett and Dinos4Ever like this.
  12. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Even though TCW and Rebels are made by largely the same people, they really are two different beasts. I enjoyed the grand scope of the prequel era TCW and I enjoy the more slice of life character narratives of Rebels.

Of course, with 6+ seasons TCW edges out Rebels right now- especially with the characters I am most looking forward to in Rebels being imported from TCW- but that may change as Rebels continues.

CoolyFett and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Love TCW, not a big fan of Rebels.

14. VampLena

VampLena Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2015
    It makes me wonder if it's the younger folks that love TCW better, I can't imagine how anyone who grew up with just OT preferring TCW over Rebels.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm 37 years old and if it wasn't for TCW, I probably wouldn't have even bothered watching Rebels. And yes, you might say I grew up with the OT.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have met a few people who like TCW more then Rebels and grew up on the OT and I would not be surprised if one of the people in this thread are like this.

CoolyFett likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm 43 and your generalization definitely fits, but it might also be personality. I like fun stories with an equal focus on 5 or so characters, and in Star Wars, stories that do not try to twist the POV of the OT.

18. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015

Not me! Just because I grew up with the prequels, doesn't mean I'm gonna love or tolerate that "TCW." And I still watch Rebels for Kanan and Hera.

19. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Same

CoolyFett likes this.
  20. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I like both shows, they both have good characters and episodes. They both also have not so great episodes and characters.

CoolyFett and Valairy Scot like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That would be me. I viewed the OT in their original cinematic release and I immeasurably prefer TCW to Rebels.

22. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    I grew up with TCW - it's what made me a SW fan because my family isn't into it - but Rebels is a type of show I generally enjoy watching more. All in all I like TCW more, but I don't need a lot for that to change, I very much think by the end of S2 of Rebels It'll be my favorite of the two.

CoolyFett and V-2 like this.
  23. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Not quite old enough to catch the OT in theaters- had to watch VHS copies recorded from the TV:cool: but got really into the old EU in the late 90s and then the PT before dropping the fandom. Then I got hooked into TCW and haven't looked back.

CoolyFett likes this.
  24. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I grew up in the OT 90's SE years, and while I do consider the PT years as part of my "childhood", I'm an OT guy through and through. That said, I like TCW more than Rebels, because Rebels didn't impress me right off the bat as I expected it to. I thought "Oh, same crew putting it together, this should be a smash hit", but then I saw the teasers, and the first few episodes and I found it all so childish and cliched. Fruit stand chases, guys hugging each other and yelling "WOOOOAAAAAAHHH!" before smashing into stuff. It just seemed overly cartoony to me. In fact, I was about to stop tuning in all together until Tarkin showed up and then the Empire felt more like a threatening presence and less like a bunch of incompetent idiots.

CoolyFett likes this.
  25. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    The Clone Wars is awesome.
    Rebels I don't really like so far. Hopefully that will change as the show goes on.

CoolyFett likes this.