main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Didn't understood.... WARNING, SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dark-Daxter, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark-Daxter

Dark-Daxter Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I saw Episode 3 last saturday and I didn't understand some things.... here they are:

> In the trailer, we saw some scenes of episode 4, when Ben was saying that Vader hunted down all the Jedi and the rest. Why it wasn't on the real movie?

> In the last scenes, Yoda told something about training with Qui-Gon. Kenobi was then sent for 'training' on Tattoine. What was the Qui-Gon thing about?

> Why did Anakin killed Mace Windu?

That's all! Thanx for answering my questions! May the force be with you.

2. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Hello Dark-Daxter and welcome to the Montreal Boards.

Here are the answers to your questions;

1> In the trailer, we saw some scenes of episode 4, when Ben was saying that Vader hunted down all the Jedi and the rest. Why it wasn't on the real movie?

2> In the last scenes, Yoda told something about training with Qui-Gon. Kenobi was then sent for 'training' on Tattoine. What was the Qui-Gon thing about?

3> Why did Anakin killed Mace Windu?

1- Vader continued to kill the remaining Jedi after Episode III, the reason why the actual Ben lines weren't in the movie is that Ben was saying those lines in Ep. 4, explaining to Luke what exactly Vader did to the Jedi.

2- Obi-Wan was sent to Tatooine to learn how to communicate with the "living" from the after-life.

3- Anakin killed Mace to defend his good friend Palpatine and also because Anakin thought Palpatine should be brought to justice instead of being killed on the spot.. there was a huge conflict in his mind... Obey the Jedi Code or saving Palpatine, the only one who could teach him how to save Padme.

Hope that answers your questions.

3. Darkre

Darkre Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    In Episode 5, Yoda meets R2-D2. I was wondering why didn't R2 recognise him? Did they ever meet, and if yes, did they get a memory wipe?

4. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I don't recall R2 ever actually meeting yoda prior to Episode IV, however even if they had met before... you must admit that Yoda would only see R2 as yet another Astro-Mech and not as R2 per say.

5. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    sorry for crashing your board, but it's REALLY slow at work right now, and I'm a little bored... besides, it looks like you could use some conversation here.

I can't think of Artoo and Yoda actually meeting in the movies, but you can assume that they did. After all, Atroo and Threepio are both on Geonosis with Padme and Anikan, and I'm sure that they would have all been together at some point.

Also, in episode III, Obi Wan brings Artoo and Threepio with him when he brings Padme to Bail and Yoda, so I'm sure they would have met at that time as well.

Now Artoo is a little eccentric, and although I don't think he's had a memory wipe between episodes III and IV, I don't think he would recognise Yoda as we meet him in ESB compared to the dignified Jedi in Ep III. Once Luke figures out who Yoda is though, I'm sure Artoo is more likely to realize who he is.

6. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    There is also some devellopment on this matter in the new Trilogy of books by Troy Dennings.

The Dark Nest trilogy.

they barelly touch the subject in the first book, but I think we are bound to learn a whole lot about this in the coming months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.