main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~~~Die Another Day~~~~~Fan Club v1.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by padawanskywalker, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Who here likes Die Another Day? It rocks!

2. Anakin_Sleepwalker

Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Meh. Goldeneye was better.

3. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    ~=Evil. Not only that, but juvinile evil.

4. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I enjoyed it - it was more dark than other Bond movies, and followed a plot concept not touched before in the Bond series.

Decent stunts and hot babes - always a winner ;)

5. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Not the best Bond movie, but certainly enjoyable. I bought it on DVD last weekend :D

My only major problem with it is that with the expection of one scene (during the word duel), James Bond doesn't get barely a scratch on him. This is a man who sailed on an iceberg and over a small tidal wave, rode in a car that flipped over on ice during an intense and fast paced chase that included exploding rockets, and finally a man who escaped from a dissolving plane in a falling helicopter.

And not a scratch on him. I know these films don't normally aim for 100% believability, but come on. Give him a bruise or a paper cut at least ;)

But the action was good, Pierce has now become my favorite actor to portray Bond, and Halle Berry was in a bikini. What else could you possibly want? ;)

6. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Die Another Day wasn't the best Bond, or even Brosnan's best for that matter.

He has yet to match Goldeneye.

We'll see how good he does in the next one.

7. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    And not a scratch on him. I know these films don't normally aim for 100% believability, but come on. Give him a bruise or a paper cut at least

He also killed a guy with a towel in Goldeneye.

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It was a great Bond film up until Cuba. [face_plain]

Ian Fleming's ghost told me that he's most unimpressed. And the editing? "Hey's let's make this all xXx and music-video-eqsue by going really fast then really slow!". [face_plain]

It ranks with Man With The Golden Gun, Moonraker, and A View To A Kill in the arse end of Bond films.

E_S

9. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I liked Man with the Golden Gun.

10. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    The whole sun-ray thing seemed more like an Austin Powers play on a Bond movie than an actual Bond movie. I liked the begining, though, that he got caught and didn't escape right away and actually looked haggard.

11. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Hey, I thought this was a fan club ??? ;)

12. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    You're right. That sun-ray was teh bomb!

13. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    I liked it right up until he went to Iceland. Then the movie took a turn into the ridiculous and never looked back.

On an interesting note, remember in the opening when the North Korean was kickboxing his anger therapist (who was sealed inside a punching bag)? I just read an article in US News and World Report that said how in North Korean prisons, the guards acually do this. They practice their martial arts on the inmates.

14. DarthAnima

DarthAnima Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Frost and JInx can tag team me any day...

:)

15. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Frost and JInx can tag team me any day...

Oh hell yeah! :D

16. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    It was a good Bond movie. Not the best but not the worst either. Love the DVD :)

17. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I just bought the dvd yesterday, first time I saw it. I thought it was alright, but not as good as some of the others.

18. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Ill still dont get that after 14months of torture and such in Korea he never CRACKED! He still kept his "charm", jokes, and his one-liners.

19. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Ill still dont get that after 14months of torture and such in Korea he never CRACKED! He still kept his "charm", jokes, and his one-liners.

I don't get how he kept his physique up. Maybe the Koreans fed him well in order to keep trying to break him? :confused:

And did he fake the heart attack to escape?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.