main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Die Another Day - L/M, Ben AU One-Shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 1, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Die Another Day
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: LOTF AU
    Characters: Luke, Mara
    Genre: MUSH!!
    Notes: Written for the SJRS January plot bunny exchange challenge. I picked Jade_eyes bunny: A one-shot or a short story where the whole Sacrifice thingy is circumvented; i.e., Mara doesn't leave a note or she and Luke confront Jacen together. I did have a plot beyond the smut, but it would have gotten long and angsty (Ben would have gone with the GAG to Hapes and would have gotten hurt), so I changed it and I didn’t really know where to end it.

Italicized stuff in the beginning is from that book… you know the one. If you haven’t read it (lucky you) just know that Mara only kisses him once and Luke doesn’t wake.

Mara was going to do it. She was going to kill her nephew. When she returned from the senate chambers, she found Luke asleep. She prepared without waking him. She then began to leave.

Mara closed the inner doors to keep the light in the hallway from waking Luke, and paused at the apartment's front entrance. Okay, I'll risk it. If he wakes up, though . . . it'll be another argument.

She put down her pack and tiptoed back into the bedroom, leaned over Luke—still snoring like a turbosaw—and kissed his forehead as lightly as she could. He grunted.

"Sorry I never spotted it," she mouthed at him. "But better late than never."

Luke grunted again, and his eyelids twitched.

Mara couldn’t help herself – she didn’t know when she would return and if she would be served divorce papers when she did. She leaned down again to kiss him on the lips.

“Mara?” he mumbled. Shavit. His eyes were still closed, but he was awake.

“Just go back to sleep, Farmboy,” she whispered.

He didn’t listen. Instead he opened his eyes. “Where are you going in that sexy outfit?” he asked. Mara briefly looked down at her black combat suit. It was a bit tighter than usual – it must have shrunk in the wash. Before she could answer, he grabbed her arm and dragged her on top of him.

“I have to go do something.” She tried to get off of him without hurting him or seeming too aloof.

“Can it wait till tomorrow?” he said, beginning to nibble her neck. “You’ve got me excited.”

Mara was about to protest when Luke’s hand traveled down her back and onto her butt. He cupped the juncture of her legs and sent waves of heat through her core. His mouth moved to behind her earlobe. Mara couldn’t help but moan into his bare shoulder. She knew she had to get going, but his ministrations felt too nice. It had been far too long since Luke had gotten… excited.

“Will you help me with it tomorrow?” She started to unzip her combat suit and he nuzzled his face into her cleavage. “Luke?”

“Okay,” he answered, not bothering to ask what ‘it’ was. “I’ll help you with whatever it is.”

Mara allowed herself a small smile. Dealing with Jacen could wait. Ben was safely at Shevu’s. For tonight she could enjoy some time with her husband.

Luke took over her zipper. He flipped her onto her back and made her gasp in pleasure as he undressed her.

Mara woke in the middle of the night. She turned over and looked at the chrono. She had only been asleep for an hour. Next to her, with his arm still wrapped around her nude waist, Luke continued to snore. She debated falling back to sleep. Here, in bed with Luke, was warm comfort. If she got up she would have to face the harsh reality of the galaxy being torn apart by her family.

In the end she stretched out in the Force to find Ben, awake and confused. Untangling herself from the bed sheets and Luke, she got up, slipped on a pair of underwear and a nightie, wrapped herself in a purple dressing gown from her closet, picked up her comm-link – which was on her belt – off the floor and went out into the kitchen.

“Ben?” she said into it.

Only a few moments passed before she got an answer. “Mom?” His voice sounded different. He sounded worried.

“What’s wrong?”

“Mom, it’s two in the morning. Why are you comm-ing?”

“Because I am your mother and I worry about you at odd hours. Now, why are you worried? And don’t lie to me.”

“I feel the sith ship calling me. I… I have to go to it.”

“No,” Mara said. “It’s a trap. Come back home.” She had a funny feeling that it wasn’t the ship calling him, but Lumiya.

“I can’t face Dad.”

Mara felt dread bubble up in her stomach. If Ben didn’t come home, something terrible was going to happen. “Ben, if you don’t come back home, your father will be the least of your worries.” Mara couldn’t stop her extended family from tearing itself apart, but she could bring her two stubborn boys together.

“Okay, okay.”

Mara switched off the comm. She looked down at a pad of paper on the kitchen counter. If Luke hadn’t woken up, she would have left him a note. But after thinking about it, she was glad that Luke woke up, and not just because the sex had been wonderful. Going after Jacen alone wasn’t her. Thirty years ago it might have been her style, but now she was a Jedi Master and a mother. The thought of leaving a note and fleeing from a possible argument just felt stupid.

She waited in the kitchen until Ben got back home. She kissed his forehead, ruffled his hair and told him that she loved him before sending him off to bed. When she went back to her own bed, she smiled. Luke was in the same position she left him in. Shrugging off her dressing gown, she climbed back into bed. He didn’t wake, although he did pull her close in his slumber.

Mara was roused once again from her sleep. This time, the sun was beginning to shine though her window, but that was the only thing peaceful about the scene. Luke was having a fit in his sleep. He was thrashing his limbs while shrieking “NO. NO. NO!”

Mara’s heart clenched. She never woke him when he was having a dream, encase he was having a vision, but this was different. “Luke,” she said, shaking his arm. Her fingers gripped his strong bicep. “Wake up, Luke.”

He woke with a jolt, blankly staring at her for a few moments before beginning to cry. She helped him sit up and he buried his face in his hands. His breath came in rapid breaths.

Mara looked up to see Ben in his baggy pajama pants and under-tunic at their bedroom door. “Mom?”

“Can you put on a pot of tea?”

Ben nodded and then left.

Mara turned to Luke who was gasping for breath as he tried to stop crying. “Luke, do I need to call a medic?”

“No.” He tried to get his breathing under control. “Just don’t leave.”

“Okay,” she said, rubbing his back. “What did you see? Was it a vision?”

“No.” His voice was full of raw determination. “It was just a warning.”

“Of?”

“If I don’t start listening to you about Jacen, I am going to lose the reason I smile in the morning.” He hugged her close and kissed her.

“Good. It’s about time the Force bonked you on the head,” she said, smirking. “Now put some pants on. It’s about time I bonked you and your son’s heads together.”

Gemma likes this.
  2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Well, now, if only this is how it happened. :p Great job!

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Good! Luke needs a good bonking! Awesome! I like it!=D=

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Wish that something like this happened.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bri! Sheer perfection! Squggles! [face_dancing] Girlfriend, you have the sense God gave you. ^:)^ =D= See, how much more sense this made?! :duh: :rolleyes: Thanks ever so!

[:D] !!!!

6. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    I wish, everything turned out like that, and those stupid books..aaaaarg((

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lady_Misty and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This IS what happened!!! The other version was just Luke having a nightmare. ;)

Jade_eyes, Demendora and Lady_Misty like this.
  9. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Yes, there needs to be a good bonking on the head. I like Mara's thoughts in the morning about the best way to go about things. Great AU!

10. Hans lil girl

Hans lil girl Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    I would have liked the books better if they ended like this! A very good job!

Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_devil] That would definitely keep her safe, a good dose of Farmboy lovin'. [face_laugh]

So sad in the end there, though, when Luke realized what could have happened. If only...

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    I'm with ginchy. If only...

I'm currently reading "Invincible", and it makes me sigh a lot. :( The whole series does.

Jade_eyes and Lady_Misty like this.
  13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Love it! I wish that was the way things had gone. They really did need their heads bonked together!

Great job!

=D=

Jade_eyes and Lady_Misty like this.
  14. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Now, that was nice. Mara wouldn't have faced Jacen alone..her character was written all wrong.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I liked your fix for this part of the story! Excellant!

Nyota's Heart likes this.