main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Die, Jacen Solo, Die! twisted stories about death and Jacen - 7/29 Thank you

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Title: Die, Jacen Solo, Die!
    Author: Tahi
    Genre: Short stories (LotF era), black humour
    Characters: Jacen Solo, various others

A/N: This is just me being silly really - I was originally going to call it 13 ways to kill Jacen Solo, but decided I wasn't creative enough to come up with 13. So I stuck with the death theme but renamed it as above. It's basically a series of somewhat twisted stories that focus on perverse ways of killing Jacen. To all Jacen fans, I apologise sincerely ;)

This first story can be read as a kind of AU ending to [i]Inferno[/i]. (The title of the book does become somewhat "meaningful". ;) )

[b]What?s in a name?[/b]

It was hard to believe that black possessed tones and hues, but there was no doubt in Darth Caedus?s mind that it did. The evidence hung suspended before him like an example of Givin geometric impressionism, a matte black wedge superimposed against the amorphous shapelessness of the void ? structure and solidity contrasted with intransigence; substance versus lack.

He studied the black-on-blackness analytically through the forward port of his shuttle, frowning slightly as he isolated the distinctive outline of his ship, the Imperial-class Star Destroyer [i]Anakin Solo[/i] from its backdrop of space. There was certainly no way you could call the ship beautiful, and that had nothing to do with the battering it had received only days before at the hands of the combined fleets of the Confederation. No, despite the pockmarks and scouring that had brutalized its metallic skin, there was something about it that rendered such terms of description offbeat. It was neither beautiful nor stylish, instead there was something distinctly muscular about the mathematical precision of its firm lines and angular curves, something oddly phallic about the cloaking cone rising provocatively proud midway down its spine . . . something definitively masculine. He hadn?t noticed it before, and the thought unsettled him a little, although he couldn?t figure out why. But it occurred to him that to refer to his ship as ?she? as one normally did with space-faring vessels would have been completely wrong. The [i]Anakin[/i] was without argument ?he?.

And ?he? was certainly looking a little better. Caedus made a mental note to pass on a message of appreciation to the mechanics and tech crew who were pulling out all stops to get the ship back to optimum performance level again. The little people were no less worthy than the warriors, especially as it was often their expertise and allegiance that made the warriors great in the first place. One had to be tactical in these matters.

He guided his shuttle toward the entrance to the glowing magcon field that maintained the atmosphere inside the [i]Anakin?s[/i] command level hangar, and allowed himself a smile of satisfaction at the smooth penetration that his carefully adjusted velocity achieved. Details mattered, as did finesse. He was still grinning smugly as he repulsor-drifted to a smooth landing. With the ship under repair there were minimal services available and only a skeleton crew remained on board. Caedus was actually quite grateful for the lack of personnel. He was still reflecting on the events of the last few days, most notably on his battle with Luke and Ben ? Ben who now hated him with a hatred that was simultaneously awe-inspiring and terrifying. There were times when having people fussing and fawning around him was more than he could bear without feeling the need to inflict some damage. And now was most definitely such a time.

Even so the silence inside the hangar was almost surreal. Feeling oddly unsettled, he walked more quickly than usual to the turbo-lift node and pressed the activation button firmly twice, justifying the extra push as necessary to stimulate the system that had, no doubt, been one of those that the techs had powered down. He took a few deep breaths, but even so didn?t really feel relaxed until he sensed the welcome vibration of the approaching car. Once inside, how

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Awesome story! Jacen deserves everything he has coming!

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    That's a good way to get rid of Jacen. Having Anakin do it with his ship is poetic justice. I thought he was going to freeze to death at first. But burning him like he burnt Kashyyk is good.

4. RossN

RossN Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2002
    Powerful stuff. :)

Nicely done.

5. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Hah! I mean, it's not funny, exactly, but I've been writing for the past couple weeks a series of shorts that I've tentatively titled "One Hundred Deaths of Wedge Antilles" (only I'm pretty sure I can't come up with a full hundred). It's so refreshing sometimes to kill off characters in multiple ways. Unusual minds think alike, I suppose.

Well done, Tahi. I don't understand half of what's going on since I haven't cracked open a Star Wars book since right after the NJO, but I can certainly appreciate the sibling dynamic fallout from Star by Star we see here. It's so true--Jacen died at Myrkr, just as Anakin did.

6. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    It seems somehow poetic that Anakin would 'take over' the Star Destroyer Jacen named after him ? he was good with technology, after all.

Amusing story.

KT

7. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    DUDE!!!! Tahi! That was ART!!!! I LOVE IT!! OOh goodness, what a way to go! And like Killik_twilight said, it was absolute perfect irony that the REAL Anakin took over the ship that bore his name and caused him so much disgrace. I'd never really thought of that, but really, Jacen was dragging Anakin's name through the mud by giving it to the ship that did all that horibble stuff.

But still, you are amazing!! please please write more, my evil vindicative side is lovin' it! [face_beatup] Give him what he deserves!!!!

May i have a PM when you update, please? I don't want to miss anything!

=D= =D= =D=

[face_good_luck] Irish

8. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Ahhhh, please tell me the next step is to clone Caedus, keep his memories intact, and repeat torture en infinitum. Very creative. Here we thought there were a thousand ways to die. Now theres 1001. And if you need help thinking of 12 more deaths for Caedus, by all means ask and we shall contribute! [face_praying]

9. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Wow, Tahi, that was amazing! From the title, I was expecting something humorus, but once you began to develop the underlying emotions of Jacen and Anakin's interaction, it really did seem plausable! Brilliant job!

I love how you wrote Anakin. The dialouge rang so true, and having him constantly reminding Jacen that, yes, they were brothers just added so much brotherly angst to the whole thing. I like how Anakin didn't waste time with a long-winded explaination for his actions, either.

Well written, Tahi. A very fitting end for Jacen, and a noble act from beyond the grave on Anakin's part, too. I enjoyed this quite a bit. *gives into Jacen hatered* Die, Jacen Solo, Die!!!! [face_devil]

10. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    like a murmur at the edge of a conversation, a faint whiff of a familiar fragrance tickling his nostrils and then fading before he could identify it.

Beautiful metaphor, Tahi! =D=

"This channel belongs to the Anakin Solo."

LOL! I love it, his own dead brother, controlling the ship named after him. Wonderful poetic justice.

"You did, bro'. Jacen Solo definitely died there, just like me. It just wasn't so obvious."

Yup, sounds reasonable enough to me - from a certain point of view. ;)

What a wonderful way to kill Jacen. [face_devil]

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    mrjop
    Thanks. :) I agree about Jacen [face_devil]

RebelMom
    Hi there - great to see you. :)

Yes - burning kind of suits him IMO. Heh heh Nice and neat and tidy, and yes - you're right - poetic justice for Anakin to use the ship against him. He was kind of asking for it.

RossN
    Ooh - nice to meet you. :) And thanks for reading.

CrazyRodian
    Hey there - so good to see you. How did the summer study go?

Yes - the sense of the Myrkr fallout is like a pall in the later books actually. Inferno features Jacen flow-walking Tahiri back to Myrkr to see Anakin again and supposedly resolve her grief at not giving him the kiss. But he's just using her because he needs a spy, and so he hits on a way to make Tahiri dependent on him because he knows that one trip back to Myrkr won't be enough for her. There are some drabbles in my drabble thread about this, too. It's very evil of him.

Have you started posting your stories about Wedge? Do send me the link - I love your work. I've been tripping around the States so am only just catching up here.

Killik_Twilight
    Hey there and thanks for reading. Yes - very poetic for Anakin to use Jacen's (disgraceful) naming of the ship against him. As soon as I read the name of the destroyer I knew there was a potential story in there. Mwahahaha :D

Irish_Jedi_Jade
    Thanks for your lovely feedback. I'm glad you found the story satisfying. LOL

but really, Jacen was dragging Anakin's name through the mud by giving it to the ship that did all that horibble stuff.
    Couldn't agree more - so totally NOT Anakin. Jacen's quite honestly two sandwiches short of a picnic!!

It's fun being evil and vindictive to Jacen isn't it? ;) I will certainly PM you when I post the next twisted death story.

madman007
    Wow - another new reader. Jacen is obviously a good means to meet new TFNers. ;) Nice to know he's useful for something.

I like the way you think, too. Cloning and inflicting never-ending, inexorable pain - how delicious. LOL

And I might take you up on the "ideas" idea when I run out.

Lonewolf
    Hey again [:D]

I'm glad it seemed plausible. That's always the worry with black humour. Actually the story turned out a little less overtly humorous than intended - mainly because I feel too deeply about what Jacen is doing to Tahiri.

I love how you wrote Anakin. The dialouge rang so true, and having him constantly reminding Jacen that, yes, they were brothers just added so much brotherly angst to the whole thing. I like how Anakin didn't waste time with a long-winded explanation for his actions, either.
    Well, I love writing Anakin as you know - even as a kind of spirit like this. But thanks for the comments about the way I wrote him because I did want the essential Anakin-ness to come through. And yes, he's not a great waffler is he?

Brentus
    Hey there :) Thanks so much for popping in and reading. [:D]

Thanks also for the feedback on the metaphor. Glad you liked the means of death. [evil laugh] Poetic justice is very satisfying.

Thanks again everyone.

12. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Tahi,

That was very cool! I loved Anakin coming back to protect Tahiri....Jacen's "help" to flow walk is one the few things she really can't save herself from.

Boiling to death is such poetic justice.

13. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    Thank you! I've been wondering when someone was going to one-up him! =D= Very nicely done too, quite poetic :D

14. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    :eek:

Wow, Master! More tomorrow after I've slept a little. I want to do it justice. :D

~Kick :)

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    TSF
    Hey there and thanks. And no, she can't save herself from Jacen at present - he has her hook, line and sinker. :(

Glad you liked the natural justice in the story. ;)

callista_gseran
    Ooh - lovely to meet a new reader. :) Glad to oblige. LOL Well, if anyone can one-up Jacen it's his bro'. :D

PP
    Hey there - thanks for reading fellow Jacen-despiser. Looking forward to your thoughts. [:D]

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Still running a few days behind around here (at least) [face_blush]

This is just me being silly really - I was originally going to call it 13 ways to kill Jacen Solo, but decided I wasn't creative enough to come up with 13.

Now you're being silly!

It's basically a series of somewhat twisted stories that focus on perverse ways of killing Jacen.

[face_devil]

This first story can be read as a kind of AU ending to Inferno. (The title of the book does become somewhat "meaningful". )

I like where this is going already [face_mischief]

It was hard to believe that black possessed tones and hues, but there was no doubt in Darth Caedus?s mind that it did. The evidence hung suspended before him like an example of Givin geometric impressionism, a matte black wedge superimposed against the amorphous shapelessness of the void ? structure and solidity contrasted with intransigence; substance versus lack.

=D=

Simply beautiful.

No, despite the pockmarks and scouring that had brutalized its metallic skin, there was something about it that rendered such terms of description offbeat. It was neither beautiful nor stylish, instead there was something distinctly muscular about the mathematical precision of its firm lines and angular curves, something oddly phallic about the cloaking cone rising provocatively proud midway down its spine . . . something definitively masculine. He hadn?t noticed it before, and the thought unsettled him a little, although he couldn?t figure out why.

[face_laugh]

Intimidated, maybe? :p

Seriously though, more terrific descriptions.

The first thing that struck him when he emerged from his meditation was the cold. He could see his breath in spouts of steam and each in-breath grazed the back of his throat as if it was raw. Concerned that one of the repair crew had accidentally cut through the atmospheric modulators, he flipped the switch on his desk-com, but there was no response. The indicator light remained annoyingly dark. Looking grim, Caedus flipped his datapad open and stroked the com-link function. This did light up, but emitted an unpleasantly high-pitched squeal. He swapped channels and the squeal alternated between static hiss and mournful wail ? none of the sounds resembling anything remotely like a helpful crew member explaining what had gone wrong with the ship?s communications system.

[face_mischief]

Again there was the flickering effect, like a displacement of sound through a tunnel. And then a voice ? quiet but distinct. ?Oh yeah, I?m here all right . . . bro?.?

[face_laugh] =D= [face_dancing]

I did not see that coming! :D

?You realise we?re the only ones here, bro?. I sent the repair crew back to base ? your orders by the way, in case you were wondering. You gave them a night off - a reward for hard work. Pretty generous of you, if I say so myself.?

[face_laugh]

?You?re not funny,? said Caedus sullenly.

I disagree! :p

?You weren?t funny either really, even when you thought you were.

[face_laugh] :_|

I'm thinking about putting that in my sig =D=

?I can?t let you do this to everyone, to the galaxy, bro?. But most of all, I can?t let you carry on doing what you?re doing to my Tahiri. It?s not something I can stand by and let happen.?

Glad you added that! :D

Caedus tried to gather his strength into a life-saving push against the forces keeping him riveted to the spot, but the fiery orange mass pulsating in front of his port was proving to be too much of a distraction. Molten geysers of star matter reached out towards him as if trying to grab at him, and he was horrifyingly aware that his room was no longer cold.

Wow. Such amazing writing =D=

?You did, bro?. Jacen Solo definitely died there, just like me. It just wasn?t so obvious.?

This is so true, and so tragic.

?Names are more important than you realize, Jacen. And living up to them? That?s the hardest thing of all. Maybe soon you?ll und

17. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    :eek: That was superb, Tahi!!! :D

The initial description of the Star Destroyer managed to be at once light-hearted and deadly serious, a balanced combination of seemingly irreconcilable aspects, which also reached deep into Jacen's psyche and found some very, VERY interesting things...

:D

The second half followed perfectly from the first, mysterious and yet feeling entirely "right" for the story - another balanced contrast? There was a little more of that undercutting (subversive?) humour when Jacen walked into the door, and a nice ambiguity about what was going on.

Was this all in Jacen's head, like at the start of Exile - or was some of it? Did the Corellians upload an Ani-bot program into the ship? Or was it more literal than that? :D

Whatever way it was, it was a great story!! =D=

- The Imperial Ewok

18. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    wah! That was brilliant Tahi!!!!

A great, great little story!

19. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Wow, was this cathartic. How I enjoyed watching JINO die. [face_devil] Seriously, though, you did a great job with this. It's very well-written, and Jacen/Darth Caedus is obnoxiously arrogant. Very in-character. ;)

The opening paragraph was full of lovely descriptions. :)

I loved the irony of having Anakin come back and send Jacen to his doom in the ship that Jacen named after him, and that Tahiri was the final straw for Anakin.

Fabulous little fic you've got here. I look forward to more. :D [face_devil]

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yoda
    Don't worry - I'm about 4 weeks behind!!

Simply beautiful.
    Thanks. :) I have this thing about the Givin - always found them rather fascinating. I think it's the maths connection as I imagine Anakin being good at maths and the Givin, of course, have a mathematical culture.

Intimidated, maybe?
    YES! I'm very happy that you picked up on that. I was hoping someone would. [face_dancing]

I did not see that coming!
    Cool. ;) I was a bit worried when I wrote this that somebody else might have thought of the idea. It seemed kind of like a story waiting to be told.

I'm thinking about putting that in my sig
    LOL - I would be honoured.

This is so true, and so tragic.
    Yeah :(

I love this idea! And I'm ecstatic it was Anakin who took him out, in spirit form controlling his ship, no less
    Yay for Anakin - death be damned. ;)

I really can't wait for Jacen to get his comeuppance. plain If it's half as cool as this post, I'll be happy.
    Aww - thanks for that. I enjoyed killing him! Should I be worried?

And more of the grim reaper coming soon. Mwahahaha [face_devil]

Thrawn
    That was superb, Tahi!!!
    Thanks [face_blush]

The initial description of the Star Destroyer managed to be at once light-hearted and deadly serious, a balanced combination of seemingly irreconcilable aspects,
    Thanks for that. That was important - and I did worry that it might be a little weighted on the serious side initially. But there again what Jacen is doing IS seriously evil. However I still wanted the black humour to come through without sounding trite.

The second half followed perfectly from the first, mysterious and yet feeling entirely "right" for the story
    Again - thanks. :) Yes the mystery aspect is important here. And also - I'm glad you liked him banging into the door. I wanted it a bit Mr Beanish at this point - but also maybe a little tiny bit of pathos.

Was this all in Jacen's head, like at the start of Exile - or was some of it?
    This may sound like a cop-out, but I was going for a kind of fashionable ambiguity. ;) Kind of Twilight Zone-ish. My rationale is that this is natural justice, which need not be explicable but, as you said, it feels "right" and so therefore it is. :)

Happy you enjoyed it anyway. :)

Kidan
    Cool to see you here. :)

And thanks. [face_blush] Glad you liked it.

Thanks guys. [:D] (platonic of course ;) )

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi Emerald_Lady = somehow I missed seeing your post!! I think you must have been posting as I was writing my previous reply. Many apologies for the delay in replying to you.

Wow, was this cathartic.
    Heh heh - excellent [rubs hands together a la Mr Burns] Glad you enjoyed Jacen's death, too.

Jacen/Darth Caedus is obnoxiously arrogant. Very in-character.
    Thanks. :) He is pretty ghastly actually - the kind you WANT to kill.

I loved the irony of having Anakin come back and send Jacen to his doom in the ship that Jacen named after him,
    Thanks. It juts seemed to be particularly apt. :D

and that Tahiri was the final straw for Anakin.
    I don't think he could stand for that - it's like a carrot to a donkey IMO.

Fabulous little fic you've got here. I look forward to more.
    Thanks again. I hope to have the next death up soon.

22. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I read this a few days ago and then my computer shut down so I'm finally back to post .
    I thought the idea of having Anakin come back because of Tahiri is just what he'd do :) I hate what Jacen is doing to her ;(
    I agree with the others about this being justice for Jacen. :D Boiled alive wow he really deserves it

I'm looking forward to more of these so could you PM me :)

23. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    *pant pant* Need...more....jacen killing torture ouch hurt the brat!!....soon...PLEASE!!! :D

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hold in there Irish_Jedi_Jade, I have the next post written. I just need to reread it a few times to catch any little bugs and then I will post. :)

The next post is for, er . . . good sports. Eh, what. ;)

25. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    If you are going to update this thread, please put me on the PM list!!!!

I officially declare it OPEN SEASON on Jacen Solo!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.