main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Diet Diary: Week One - Cabbage soup

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 5' started by MsLanna, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, I got a small shock lately seeing how much I gained in the past years. Unfortunately, I am too lazy to diet, so I'll try it online.

Each week I am in the BB5 House, I will keep a diet of you choosing.
    In here, I'll report my experiences with it and also the weight loss; if there's any. :oops:

Suggestions for diets are welcome, I really have no clue. So expect me to ask questions about a diet, or link me up to a page that explains it.
    There are only two requistes: It must be affordable. I can't afford to live off caviar and champagne for a week.
    Nothing time consuimg. I don't have the time to cook three hours a day.

Since there's so little time until I embar on Week One tomorrow, I googled a 7-day-diet and took the first thing I got. Seems I am going to eas cabbage soup supplemetend with different stuff each day.

Starting out this porject with a weight of 160 pounds.:_|

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Are you going to do any exercise?

3. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Darth Laziness pwns my butt.
    No exercises.

4. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Day 1 of Cabbage Soup+

Making that soup is not difficult. All it takes is a pot bigger than any I own. So I used two and both are completely full now. I don't think I'll have to starve in the coming week. But I am also glad that each day has different additions to the diet. Only soup sounds like a recipe for disaster...

The promise of this diet is to lose 8 - 15 pounds in a week. A note even says 'If you lose more than 15 pounds in the week'...[face_laugh] Good one.[face_laugh]
    Despite my doubts, the soup is edible and soemwhat tasty. I should be more careful with teh chili next time. And I can only hope I put the right bits of the celery into the soup. I never used any before.

Having soup for breakfast needs getting used to. Also, though I ate a big bowl, my stomach seems unsure whetehr it's full or not.o_O
    Since the more soup I eat the better, i brought soem with me to work. I hope it's okay cold since I don't have a microwave ehre.

On the first day, I am also allowed to each as much fruit as I want to, provided it's not banana or melon. So i also brought two aplles, two apricots a pear and a kiwi.

Can I say it like that? I mean the fruit, in Germany we just say 'kiwi' if we mean the fruit. I wouldn't want people to think I'm dieting on helpless birds - or Sam. [face_worried]

5. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    It's always called kiwifruit here. :p

6. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I thought there was something like that, but I couldn't really remember

EDIT:

Okay, you can eat the soup cold, too. You need to be some kind of hungry, though to start. then it's okay.
    Due to the overdosed chili it's quite hot despite being all cold.8-}
    If this doesn't make me like celery, nothing will.

Also: One apple, on apricot and the pear gone already.

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Day 2: feeling funny

Not sure why and how, but I am feeling funny; a bit numb allover, but more aware of my body. Remdins me a bit of being on drugs, but if you got high on cabbage soup, it would be more of a hit.

I begin to think that the soup sucks. It seems to be insubstantial. For breakfast I had a big portion, but I am already hungry two hours later. Almost as if it didn't count as food.
    Since I suspected soemthing like this, I brought more of the soup to work with me today. Also, I am allowed to eat raw green veggies. My choice: a cucumber, a green pepper and a kohlrabi.

Man, I am looking forward to the potatoe I get for dinner.[face_plain]

Also, the diet doesn't like cheating. I ate some sweets and got real sick.[face_sick] Way to enforce the rules.

8. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Day Three: this sucks

This soup is amking hungry. So despite eating so often, I am only getting more and more hungry. This is so not right. Also, the fuzzy feeling returned. Seems eating this stuff in the mroning really isn't good for me. The small and ring finger on my left hand keep going numb.

At least, I managed to empty one of those two pots of soup. Go me.[face_sick]
    Tonight will be first weighing. I'm not expecting much. My potatoes all had begun to grow sprouts already, so i ate bread insted. This is so not working. [face_doh]

But this will eb over soon,. So far no suggestions for week two. Well, then there won't be a week two. **** thos stupid pounds.[face_not_talking]

9. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    From the pictures I have seen of you, you don't look fat, so not sure what you are worrying about.

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thre is a guideline for your approx weight wich is: size in cm - 100 = approx weight.
    For me that is 163 -100 = 63. My current weight: 80
    -> too much
    in pounds that is 40 pounds too much...

11. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Is this height...?

I would never go by that though.

Personally it should be, if you are happy then you are fine...

12. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    yep, height. even though I am not sure you should call it that considereing how small I am. ;)
    It's better than go by BMI.

of course, it should. tell that to the world...

13. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Okay then:

WORLD:

Stop telling people how they should look. People Should feel fine with the way they are.

Personally, I say stuff the diet.

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I'll eat up the second pot of that stuff, no need wasting it. And if it works - tonight is the first weighing. Since I was not 100% following the rules, if it still works, i might keep it.
    Being spaced out on cheap soup sounds pormising...[face_hypnotized]

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Day 4: w00t?

Okay, so this is the gist: I cheated on the diet the whole time and lost - 4 pounds.o_O
    Not gonna complain. I think I like this.[face_thinking]
    Getting spaced out in the mornings, eating all day, plus the against-the-rules dinner each day, and still loosing weight? My idea of fun.[face_laugh]

16. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    That is good then.

Do you feel better?

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yup, I'm better.
    Fingers are fine, slept until 3pm today and looked like I partied away the night away. *tsk*
    Today I got to eat bananas and drink low-fat milk.

18. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    It is good that you are better.

Do you still need to diet?

19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Seeing how I lost 6 pound with doing pretty much nothing, I'll do that again. Right now I am out of soup and have a stress elvel that simply demands chocolate.[face_hypnotized]

20. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    But chocolate isn't exactly the best thing as part of a not-much diet...

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    If you have 1,000 children running through your shop in one morning and don't get to use a machine gun, chocolate is the only alternative.[face_hypnotized]

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    For those still interested,
    despite being on holiday and eating loads, I am down 10 pounds now.[face_dancing]
    Another 10 and I am about where I want to be.

23. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Excellent. That is very good. :) =D=

[image=http://www.wpclipart.com/sign_language/thumbs_up.png]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.