main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Differences in Footage

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Palpsy, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palpsy

Palpsy Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2015
    Has anyone else noticed any major changes in the footage across different videos? I've noticed a few myself, but this one stands out the most...

Teaser #2
    [​IMG]

"Finn's Adventure" (Disney Channel)
    [​IMG]

It's interesting as the shot is both a different take and features new colour grading; though it's hard to say which one looks better. Personally I think the Disney channel version works better, as the camera angle focuses more on Finn's reaction and the colours appear more natural - like IMAX film without heavy processing.

On the other hand, the Disney videos may have been produced before the teasers and it is in fact the teaser shot that will be final.

2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I prefer the first one. It looks like there's more detail.

3. Palpsy

Palpsy Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2015
    That's just because they're captured them at different resolutions. The Disney channel version isn't native HD:

Darth PJ likes this.
  4. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    And the final film may be a bit diffrent from all of them. I remember when the first LOTR trailers came out... I was pretty worried about the look of the film.... The colors seemed weird, the ligting off.... Almost all of those issues disappeared in the final film, though I was never a really a fan of Lesnie's night lighting, or fire light scenes. The firelight scenes always felt a bit cold to me. But overall, it was terrific, and my point was, I think the clips looked different every time we saw tham before the film was released.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Second pic looks colder... Not optimal for a desert.

6. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I think I prefer the second one. Sure the first shot has a "warmer" color, but I'm not always a fan of color correction in that way. For example, I would prefer the Hoth scenes in ESB to appear stark white rather than blue, like the Bluray/DVD versions have them.

7. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    First one is much better (as I greatly prefer natural lighting to major color grades, if that's what's going on here). However, I think these were captured at different resolutions and quality, so we can't be sure if they're actually that different.

Howard Hand likes this.
  8. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Kylo's forest saber ignition shot is brighter in the TV spot versus the original teaser.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The first one looks better overall, but the second one has 100% more BB-8 content. :bb8:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.