main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Different Languages, are you interested in learning them

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JediLeia, Sep 6, 2001.

?

Different Languages, are you interested in learning them

Poll closed Sep 20, 2001.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLeia

JediLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
  2. JediLeia

Aug 28, 2001
    sorry but i'm actually trying to study Japanese at the moment , so i was just interested if anyone else was doing the same , weather it be just for lesuire as in my case or for a future career perhaps , ok thoughts..suggestions

3. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    JL, I would learn a language if I was going to spend a long time in a non-english speaking country or if my career required it..otherwise I don't really have the time to study another language

4. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    There is no such thing as "I don't have the time" We always have the time, we just have to make it.

As for me, I did plan to learn Danish, but I seem to be putting it off, not long before I travell to that country so I think I should get back into it, but darn I'm so lazy!!!! Oh woe is me.

5. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    You just want to learn Danish so you can travel to Denmark to see Legoland :p

6. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I can still remember a little Italian from high school. Well, enough to say mi dispiace, ma non parle italiano.

And I'm trying to learn a bit of French. I've got as far as je ne parle pas francais.

See a trend here? ;)

7. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well yeah I will be going to Legoland, if it's open. Could be closed as most things are during winter in Denmark.

However, that's not why I'm going Paul, if you must know I have relatives there and I will be visiting them. So I'm learning Danish, at least this was the plan, so I could converse with them. But I hear they can all understand English anyway, which might explain why I aint that commited to it.

Ah well.

8. JediLeia

Aug 28, 2001
    i speak german as well , as i did that in high school and that was a while since i left high school , so i have forgotten most of it :(

9. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Bugger, huh.

10. JediLeia

Aug 28, 2001
  11. Darth_Em

Darth_Em Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    I grew up speaking English and Welsh, learned French and Latin in school and, through travelling, acquired a tourist's German and Italian ( I can ask for directions and order beer - the back-packer's essentials).

I think one of the good things about learning another language is the insight it gives you into your own language. I never really understood all those English grammar lessons until I was taught French.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.