DIFICULT TO SEE THE FUTURE IS

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by cruznseal2, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    If anyone is interested in the art of fencing and historical swordwork, Bruce is an instructor (both modern and classical fencing plus, his area of preference, historical swordwork, including rapier and 2-hand sword) and I am his assistant. We fence every Thursday night at MATA from 5-7PM which is at the Milwaukee Telecommuncations Building at 24th & Clybourn (park in their fenced-in lot and use the door there to get into the building, come up the stairs to the right immediately inside the door) and the cost is shared between those that fence (usually around $5/person per night). Bruce does not charge for lessons on Thursday nights. Contact me via PM if you want further information. He and I have been thinking about putting together a Jedi (Bruce) vs Sith (me) combat sequence in full costume someday.

A fan film is also very appealing....
  2. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love the idea of a costume clinic--I would love to participate and contribute! :) And working on a fanfilm would be fabulous, too!

Oh, all these ideas! Ooooh, I'm getting so excited! :D If I may, I would like to offer my place to hold the costume clinic, as I have lots of materials, a body form, and other things, if you would like. I will offer free Coke, and taco dip, but I can't vouch for parking (it's an eastside of Milwaukee thing--we never have enough!). Whoever comes can each bring their ideas for a costume, or problems/questions on costumes you are already working on, and then we can collaborate together on them.

We can discuss it further at Tracey's, of course. :)

3. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I also think that people can get together for non Star Wars stuff, like when a group went to see Spiderman. A lot of us are sci-fi/fantasy fans in more ways than just Star Wars. We could go see Minority Report, or The Two Towers when they come out. Plus people are getting together to see Sum of All Fears (Which I think will be a hard movie to sell. I loved the book, but, I still might not go see the movie for several reasons).

And does anyone know if there is a Star Trek fan group locally? We should try to find out, then have a Star Trek versus Star Wars bowling night or something. I'm not much of a bowler, I take it about as seriously as I take poker, which is to say that I think it's something to do while talking to people. But it is our state sport... might be fun.

Dwayne
  4. cruznseal2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    sorry i know this is rather unrelated but i'm having fun drawing cartoons. so here is are very own leader BYOB_KENOBI

http://mikespace.50megs.com/byob.jpg

and you thought being the leader was going to be fun :p

-mike

EDIT: if i am banned as i expect to be its been nice knowing you all your a great bunch.
  5. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow! What a great idea, Dwayne. I have such a loathing for all things Star Trek that whipping up on a bunch of trekkies would be right up my alley. In actuality, it might not only make for interesting conversation but it might give us some ideas for further strengthening the council. I'd be on board for an something like this.

To you poor souls who are sick:

1) Bacta
    2) If bacta isn't readily available, drink plenty of clear fluids. And Fleischman's Vodka doesn't count.
    3) I've found that popping an Echinacea tablet twice a day when you've got something nasty generally helps you get over it a little faster (seriously, try it!).

Good Luck!
  6. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL on that pic, Mike!
  7. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
  8. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Mike, that is not grounds for banning. It is great and one of the qualities of a true leader is the ability to laugh at himself. Besides, it looks like a perfect police sketch artist rendering of Tom. Hey, I think I saw that face at the post office. Sorry, I have to go contact the federal authorities.
  9. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I must profess my innocence.
  10. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry, Tom. It seems they already caught that guy trying to line jump on the Teacup ride at Disney World. Imagine their surprise when they found out who they had really caught.
  11. Skywalker1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    AIKIDO

Aikido
    offers two-hand sword fighting opposed to fencing, and is also offered at two locations in Milwaukee. The Milwaukee Aikido Club on KK, and through the YMCA are the two official clubs. My sensei used to offer it at UWM too, but I don't think it's offered any longer. The Rec. Dept. is offering a one-month Aikido class too (not sure if they'll get into swords that early though) if you want to just "try it" first. I've taken two years. Once you know how, you can spot all the mistakes in Mace's fighting in AOTC, and feel a lot more skilled yourself. If you want more info, IM me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.