Digital AOTC-Review-Skokie Theater

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by CaptMereel, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Saw it yesterday down at the Crown Village 18 and I was very impressed. The theater is very accessible from the Edens which made it a breeze to find.

I guess I can say "Once digitial, you'll never want to go back (to anything else, that is!" Impressive. Most Impressive. The color was so much brighter and sharper. The sound was better. First you notice how sharp the lettering is for STAR WARS and the crawler. Next you'll notice is the opening scene with Padme's ship coming into Coruscant which is so much more silvery than I've seen previously and the towers of Coruscant through the clouds seemed brighter. The asteroid scene with Jango (have I told everyone yet that he is my favorite bad guy?) going after Obi-Wan and blasting away at him is so brilliantly colored that it was like seeing that scene for the first time (this was now my 6th time). And, when Obi-Wan's starfighter is hit, the brilliance of the explosion seemed 10 times brighter than I remember at other theaters.

There may have been one or two scenes that lasted an extra second or two...I won't go into which ones here because I could be wrong.

However, there is the added scene at the marriage ceremony where Anakin takes Padme's hand with his artificial one. Sent chills down my spine!

For all of you going sometime over the next couple of weeks, you will come back promising yourself that you will start calling Marcus Theaters (like Westown) and asking why we don't have a digital theater in Milwaukee! And....the price was still only $5.00 for a matinee - which floored me because I thought we'd 1) pay higher because it is Chicagoland, or 2) pay higher because of the cost of the digital projector (which was a TI Lotus, by the way, just like the one used down at C2).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.