main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Digital Artists of the JC

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Crimson-Larko, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Welcome fellow Digi Artists. This is the place to promote you digital artwork, as well as discuss aspects of your and other people's artwork.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Crimson Larko's Digial Artwork

Most of my work reflects my emotions. The only tool I use is Photoshop 6. Enjoy!

2. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Wow.....very nice Crimson-Larko. I liked the water effect on "Waterfalls", although I admit I am at a loss as to the origin of those lyrics. I thought the edge effects around "Emptyness" was just beautiful. But of all of them, I think I liked "CRIMSON Petals" the best....just something about it struck me.

Anyway..great stuff! :D

3. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Beautiful, Crimson. I find myself analysing what Photoshop filters people have used to create certain effects. I love what you've done with the photos there.

Here's something I did up a while ago. Not so much 'art' but I like working with real images much more than abstract ones.

4. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Wow.....that is beautiful Sil. Nice work! :D

5. rookie

rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 1999
    nice kerryn.

and dammit, how come you don't say hello in the you know what at the you know where!?

did you have fun in the states???

6. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
  7. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    What HW and SW are people using for the creation of their digital art?

8. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Damn, some of you people are extremely talented. I usually only use Photoshop for doing some mediocre Web Banners and SA Photoshop Phridays, so can anyone point me to a good site that gives an intro in advanced Photoshop techniques?

9. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I've been a terrible online buddy as of late, Marc. Hopefully that'll change. :)

MushroomHead -- Macromedia Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, both on a G4 Macintosh (OS 9).

10. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Thanks, I love macs but I have always been forced to use Windows based systems for compatabilities sake. I've got a small mac collection at home that i use if I can as well as a lovely Mac SE it's gonna be an antique soon, lol.
    Is there anyone that doesnt use a macintosh to create their works?

11. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Heh, I run Adobe Photoshop 6.0 on my meager Compaq Presario (evil machine) on Windows 98. 533mhz AMD K6, 512 megs of RAM.

Now if I could only get that G4 [face_love]

12. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    When you artists develop works for the PC, what do you like to work with when it comes to 3D artwork? I've been turned on to Lightwave for Macs, and since I've been developing more and more with Macs recently, I'm beggining to prefer how the Macs work. They're more graphically inclined whereas my PC seems more designed for web hosting and programming.

13. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    Crimson-Larko--really nice, moody work. But I sure hope, for YOUR sake, that you don't feel that way ALL the time. :)

Silmarillion--Overall that is a very nice image. It has a warm romatic feeling to it. It would be nice to see the source images to compare.

RidingMyCaroselOnYou-- LightWave all the way (since I mostly just modle and texture)

POV TIE chasing the Falcon is something I did not too long ago. You'll half to scroll down to near the bottom of the thread. Done with PS 6. I didn't use any photos or refs for making this (which is why I'm sure a lot of the details are off)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.