main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Digital Blood Help

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AWB1989, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    I need help with creating some digital blood. My only idea so far is to use particle playground or paint it on in AE and keyframe the shape with a mask. If you have another idea, please suggest it. And yes, I need it very soon. I've been working on my horror movie, and this is for my horror movie, for a long time. A long time for me that is. I actually started pre-production in March 2002. I am still filming it, but have started to edit it and add special effects. Please post whatever you know about digital blood.

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

Edit: If I do it in AE with one of the methods I know about already, what is a good RGB for blood dripping from the neck down the back on top of a shirt? Thanks again.

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    If by any chance you have 3ds MAX you could use the particle systems and create a simple spray effect. add motion blure and a nice blood texture. but if its with AE i havn't quit figured out AE.

3. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Nope, I don't know 3D yet. So, it's gotta be with after effects. So.......anybody else?

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

4. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I know of no way to do liquid effects in AE. I'm sure it's possible, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Unfortunately, you're going about it backwards.. the only way to get realistic blood is to do it on-set using actual blood. Well, fake blood, you get the idea. Attempts to do it in post, even for Hollywood, hasn't gone well. (Blade, anyone?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.