main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Digital Llama - an FAQ of sorts

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ChrisHanel, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    ok, now I hate you :p

Anyway, thanks for updating the caption in the humor section within a week (you probably didn't get any angry emails this week ;) ). Good luck at school, and I'd be glad to send The Formula over AIM for people, if that's ok with you. See my profile for my screen name.

2. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Same here. (Formula over IM.)

If there is anyone out there in need of The Formula and using Direct Connect, I'd be happy to point you to the hub I'm usually on for downloading.

3. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    If there's anyone else with a good connection willing to send the Formula to someone, can i start a section on our webpage with that info? Just post in here giving permission and a screenname, and i'll post them immediately...

-Chris

4. ChrisHanel

Jul 8, 2002
    Another Update - It's now CONFIRMED that i'll be a part of a panel on fanfilmmaking at Dragoncon in Atlanta, along with John Hudgens and Jeff Cioletti. Would love to see you there.

-Chris

5. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Here's a question both I and a friend had:

Who the heck is that ska band playing at the beginning of the film?

And why didn't they get a credit???

I'm not all opposed to using copyrighted music for a fanfilm (As a musician, I'm a big fan of exposing and promoting lesser-known bands), but, what if I wanted to find out who this band is? (And I really really do :p)

6. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    You can go ahead and add me to the list, Chris.

The screen name on AIM is "Darth Neo", and the name under Direct Connect is "darthneo." If you need to find what hub I'm on on Direct Connect, I'm usually in the hub created by TFArchive.com, so go there and you'll find the hub address. I'll make sure the film is in that directory sometime this weekend.

And, as for what I said about solving the server problem...eh, apparently not, but the option's still there in case of an emergency. At least we have a backup plan.

7. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    My screen is CountHomer918. I have a cable connection. I have a firewall on, so that may prevent some people from getting it, but it should work for most people. I know because I send files all the time over AIM. So, you can go ahead and add me to the list as well.

8. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I would keep on doing it, as I've sent several fanfilms through AIM since last june -The Formula being the most popular one :)- but I'm back on a 56K connection for... I hope not too long.

However you can add my name on the list : JediByKnightTFN. The day I will use it again will mean I'm back on broadband.

9. Jophis

Jophis Jedi Master star 3

Aug 19, 2000
    dang it, ! i forgot to submit my friend and I's Digital Lamo Radio, it was like a parody of llama, and had video too, lol

10. ChrisHanel

Jul 8, 2002
    Here's a list of the non-orchestral music from the film:

Opening Credits: "Sellout" by Reel Big Fish
    First song in Excalibur: "Beer" by Reel Big Fish
    2nd song: "Mysterious Ways" by U2
    Matrix scene: 2 songs from the Matrix sndtrk. (cant remember off the top of my head)
    Montage: "Re-Hash" by The Gorillaz
    Sad Part: "Everybody Hurts" by REM
    The Matrix fight was an amalgamation of stuff from the Matrix soundtrack and the Mortal Kombat score.

Anything else is orchestral... for that list i'll have to watch the movie again.

-Chris

11. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Chris:
    Thanks for the list.

:D

12. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Actually, I have my own little "the formula" project going...and i got the friggin thing compressed but the sound is WAY off. :( ill get it tho and then maybe ill be considered special because i did something cool...

I was ther for the release! Am I on Chris' A-List?

::whimper::

~neszis~
    (not capitalizing name in humbleness.)

13. ChrisHanel

Jul 8, 2002
    I didn't know i *had* an A-list.... :)

-Chris

14. ChrisHanel

Jul 8, 2002
    Bump to make the announcement along with Fenn:

The Formula is in line to be shown at DragonCon Saturday night. The panel on the making of fanfilms is 8:30pm Saturday, and the showings (along with other films) start around 10pm...

I'll have copies of The Formula on CD along with both trailers and a couple episodes of Digital Llama Radio to hand out. And if you're really lucky, i'm going to have a TFN T-Shirt or two to give away... i know i'm going to only have a few so i haven't decided just how i'm going to give those out. I'm sure i'll think up something evil. <maniacal laugh>

-Chris

15. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    ::grumble::

Nathan never gets the free stuff.

::smirk::

Chris, make sure you let us know soon exactly when you'll be free.

16. LadyLavinia

LadyLavinia Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2002
    I'll have copies of The Formula on CD along with both trailers and a couple episodes of Digital Llama Radio to hand out. And if you're really lucky, i'm going to have a TFN T-Shirt or two to give away... i know i'm going to only have a few so i haven't decided just how i'm going to give those out. I'm sure i'll think up something evil. <maniacal laugh>

Can I get free stuff just for being cute?

>_<

j/k I'm far from cute, and also, don't think I'll make it on time. Leaving MA for NJ Friday, then Saturday making my way to GA, then from there to FL. Gonna be one long weekend on the road... *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.