main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DIGITAL LLAMA RADIO #6

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I mean to type Igor, actually. He's my Enforcer for Digital Llama Producions. He takes care of the bad press. You know, with my title as publicist and all.

Riiiiiiight.

Anyway, CC, funny sig.

Btw, when is DLR: Episode XII coming out?

And when's DLR: PG Episode III coming out?

And when are you premeiring a new show??

When? When? WHEN???

2. DL_Wasta

DL_Wasta Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2002
    Rock on, Little &*$@#. :)

You like the "Scoping he hotties and looting he bodies"?

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Josh? Josh? Don't ever. mention. Your sig. again.

4. DL_Wasta

DL_Wasta Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2002
    Hey, hey, hey.....I happen to LIKE my sig. Anyway, back to my original point. I think we should hav a show of the Broken Allegiance crew, Becca and Steve. That'd be a great show. :)

-Wasta

5. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Ooh, I actually know this one...

The next DLPG and DLR can't come out for a while. Chris is heading to Colorado on the 24th or so, which means it has to wait until he gets back, and so far, he's intimated that the next DLR might be recorded sometime in the last week of March, but that would be at the absolute earliest.

6. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Have you guys thought about doing a radio show professionally as well? :D

7. Sauja-Dupen

Sauja-Dupen Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 1999
    I haven't listened to #6 yet. I'm trying to figure out if I've listened to #5 or not.

You might want to put the release date on the Digital Llama Radio page. And maybe even a brief outline of the episode, to help jog the old memory.

Sauja

8. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    no, cos then there'd be spoilers!!

i like the release date idea though.

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

9. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    The release dates are on our website at digitalllama.com.

Of COURSE I'd want to do this professionally... to get paid for what i'm already doing for free would be a kick in the head. :)

-Chris

10. DL_Wasta

DL_Wasta Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2002
    Professionally? Is there an offer there?

11. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    No, Josh, you'd be one of the first to know if there was.... cause then i could say "So, now that we're raking it in, where's my money?" :)

-Chris

12. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    HA! I'm listening to the Player's Guide right now. I'm loving it already! Anything with more Abe in it, I'll dig. Of course, I've only played Jedi Knight, TIE Fighter, and started off with the Star Wars CCG and had a few tournaments (which really frustrated me which I'll go into later. In short, I always lost due to really lowsy cheap tactics employed by my opponents), so I won't really be able to relate to the role-playing part, which seems to be the center mostly. But I'm only in the first 10 minutes. I'll check back.

Oh man. I'm sorry guys, but that was really boring. I'm obviously not into role-playing games. Once you review Jedi Outcast or something like that, then I'll start listening again. But that really put me to sleep. And why hasn't anyone mentioned Josh being the 5th llama? Eh?

13. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Eh, Outcast is no RPG. But then this show obviously DLPG is for a niche audience. :)

I found it really interesting, and I'm not a role player. Keep it up.

14. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    AH! I thought it was other games as well. I guess I won't be frequenting that part of the site anymore....

And yes, I know Outcast isn't roleplaying. How dare you speak that way to me! I was one of the top saberists in my Jedi Knight gaming clan!

15. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    Yeah, Player's Guide is for the hardcore pencil & paper RPG fan. We knew going into it that there wouldn't be much of a crossover audience from DLR... but i'm going to badger Josh into letting us do a Star Wars:RPG episode sooner or later... <smirk>

-Chris

16. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    You really oughta expand to other games such as PC, CCG, or even board games (yeah, I can hear the groans already). But I think it'd fly a lot better if you appealed to a broader audience, while keeping it centered on the gaming community. Just curious, how many downloads of the first PG episode have you had?

17. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Alright! I got it! The new mail song for Digital Llama Radio, or at least my pitch for it.

The Mail Song (parody of The Immigrant Song

(Justin beat boxes opening guitar part)

"AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhh!
    AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhh!

This mail doesn't come through the ice and snow,
    It's sent electronically you know!
    Oh, it's Ask The Panel...
    We'll pull the mail from the bag,
    Read it aloud, Talk about it,
    We'll make fun of what you say...

Digital Llama! Getting better! I wanna hear how they answer my letter!"

That's just my two cents. People will probably think I'm just stupid.

And they will be right. Horribly, horribly right.

Oh well, at least I tried guys. Sorry if I wasted any space.

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

18. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    I don't have a count on how many downloads we have, but we're sticking with the format. It may be a niche audience, but we enjoy doing it.

BTW, that song parody kicks major tail, Mark. I don't know if it's a bit long to do on the show, but i'm going to keep it around for the appropriate time.

-Chris

19. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    WHOO HA! THE ADMIRAL GETS NOTICED! HAPPY SAINT PATS DAY! HAVING A CRAPPY BEER TO CELEBRATE! CAPS AND EXCLAMATION TAKING OVER! DON'T KNOW WHY! WHEN WILL ALL THIS END!?

now.

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

20. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    To reiterate what I posted in Nick's thread last night (for reasons still unknown to me):

I have an idea. What do you think about having a special guest on speaker phone or in person on every episode? I think we all agree that it adds a totally new dimension to the show, making it MUCH more entertaining. I mean, you guys could interview Jeff (Azeem) or some other TFN regulars, or even regular posters, such as TAC, Nick Long, Clay, Master_Comyn, Ewing, or even EagleI! Wouldn't that be awesome? Now, it would kinda leave other listeners in the dark as to who these special guests are, but then again, we're really the only ones who bother anyway!

21. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    I think it's a good idea, but maybe only for certain segments.

As much as it's cool to hear other people take part, it also sort of confines the show's format to being more a matter of the Llamas trying to rein themselves in to allow the others to speak than to just go off on their own as in previous shows. So, perhaps a guest segment of each show, but not a full expanded cast each show?

::shrug::

22. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    good idea Nate!

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

23. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks.

Actually, one thing I miss is the "stumpers" aspect. They could probably stand to go for a 1 hour show, then divide it into regular features each time. Lately, there have been very few fan film reviews, at least compared to earlier. There are plenty of films out there to review, even if some have been out for ages. If SW MacBeth was valid material for review, surely some of the earlier TFN films like Dark Redemption should be.

Figure one review per show, maybe one guest, Ask the Panel with stumpers if available, and some general "what's going on" stuff could easily fill an hour.

24. Fremen

Fremen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm EVIL!!!! Sounds cool.

;)
    Kyle

25. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    I also think that what guest that will be on should be announced before the show(maybe the show before) so people can send in the questions for the guest that will be on and the llamas can ask?em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.