main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Digital Llama Radio: Scott Kurtz interview

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ChrisHanel, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    Hey, just to let everyone know, DLR interviewed Scott Kurtz, the writer of PVP a while back, and i finally have it online after editing delays and a few server setbacks. Though it's being titled as an episode of our Player's Guide series, it does talk a lot about Episode III and Lucasfilm. So, check it out.

Clickie!

-Chris

2. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Okay, thoughts:

I may be alone in this, but I didn't find the extensive AOTC content to be too bad. I mean, granted, it's DLPG, not DLR, but by having Kurtz there, it sort of made it DLPG by default. It'd be like having Ewan McGreggor on and talking about politics. That doesn't make it "Digital Llama Crossfire," but DLR (Star Wars feature) with a political theme to the episode.

If nothing else, we got to see a more human, less professional (not in a bad way) side of Kurtz in that he was able to direct the conversation to AOTC because it's what he wanted to discuss. What better way to discover the actual personality of a guest than to let them go off in their own direction and go along for the ride?

At the same time, I'm very much hoping that between Josh's appearance on the recent DLR and the AOTC-related topic in this DLPG, more DLR fans will cross over and listen to DLPG.

(Of course, I'm big on the notion of listener crossover. Second Strike could certainly use DLR's audience. Heh Heh Heh.)

3. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    that was pretty good! i really do think that what was recommended about the sand people would improve the films, above what they are. Since lucas likes repeating him self in each film,I can see it now, Anakin is melting in the lava, Sidious Says "Anakin, Anakin, I am your father". Anakin,"No, No i dont believe you, i have no father!". Sidious "So be it"

4. Ulric

Ulric Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    Shmi being tortured on tatooine as a plot by the emperor to play with Anakin's mind.. wasn't that obvious to many? It was what we figured here when watching the movie. The story just isn't well told enough, there is no build up to that.

Also, in our opinion Palpatine was a clone, and you could see with him with his old self at one point.

BTW, there is a review of the EPII DVD Disk one here : Ain't It Cool

5. Iyidin_Kyeimo

Iyidin_Kyeimo Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2000
    lol, great show, and some good points.

btw, you're lucky to catch Scott before he had a big two page spread in Wizard magazine... now he's a big time celeb, he'll be charging for interviews :p

6. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Great show. The William Shatner part was hilarious. :D Thanks Chris!

7. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    And here it was nearly cut. :)

8. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    When is Digital Llama Radio going to interview the infamous and ellusive JediTAC ??? :D

Just think ... people could sumbit questions they want answered, and the DLR guys will do the Q&A with me.

(Can you tell I'm pretty bored today?) :p

9. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Heh, they have to do another few with me first to stroke my ego. ::pfft::

(Nathan wants to be a regular Llama, dammit. He'll have been in 20% of the TFN-released episodes as of the next one anyway. Time to make him the 5th Llama. Heh.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.