main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Digital Mouse PEN?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by RIPLEY426, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    Hey, the guys that professionally make films and especially make effects and pictures use those pens, with that you can draw on a Pad... and you can use the mouse cursour with it in Paint shop pro or sth... Does anyone know about it? I´m thinking about buying it for being able to draw things like with a pencial, digitally... How much do they cost? are they very exact??? just tell me what I should buy and what not. I´d sepnd about 130 buggs for it...

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    They are called Tablets i think... I have one for CAD drawing yet i;ve never even used it. I grabbed it from a mate that has stacks of graphics stuff but I never bothered installing it....hmmm...MAYBE try asking over in the Sci-Fi 3d forums because i think there was a thread there not too long ago.

3. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    One word: Wacom!

I have the Graphire 2 and it rawks and is not too expensive.

/Z

4. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    So is that your secret, Zap? I'm so disappointed.... ;)

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I have an ArtPad II Wacom tablet. I've used it a time or two but have found that a trackball is faster and more accurate. It is hard to hold a position and click on the tiny pen button. Perhaps a much larger pen would work better buy I get hand cramp after a while.
    Now if you want to sketch pictures on your computer, then you can't beat a tablet. But I personally prefer a pencil, paper and a scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.