main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Digital Projection

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Lord_Sidious, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I just noticed that Tinseltown here in Baton Rouge now has a digital projector, and is currently showing "Oceans' 12" on it. I don't know if it is a test projector, or something that they will keep. It may not be too much of a difference on "12", but there will definitely be a huge difference in ROTS and other major special effect blockbusters shot on digital cameras. I remember when AOTC came out, there were only like 12 of these projectors in the country, and the Dallas guys were telling us that the digital projection was their favorite viewing experience for AOTC. Hopefully, this equipment is a permanent addition to Tinseltown and be available for several viewings of ROTS this spring.

2. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Awesome, i know where i'll be watchin it.

3. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    It turns out to not be a digital projector, but just a new (regular) projector. The Fandango site had it wrong. The manager said that digital projection equipment is still way too expensive, and there are only a few places that have it.

4. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Dammit. I know where I won't be watching it then.

5. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    Oh well, some day they will come to Louisiana. I just fear that day is a couple days behind everyone else's.

ubi

6. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Louisiana will probably be the last ones to get a digital theater! I was hoping the Grand would be digital, but.... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.