main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Digital screen at San Francisco

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Morfyus1999, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Morfyus1999

Darth_Morfyus1999 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    I know SF is a ways away, but there is a digital screen at: AMC 1000 Van Ness on 1000 Van Ness avenue. The number is 415 922 4262. I think we should try and see it there once, maybe during the summer or on a Saturday. It's not too far, considering the other digital screens are in So. Cal. Imagine being able to see AotC in digital! The crystal clarity of the QT trailers, but on the big screen! 58 more days!!!!

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    That's a wonderful idea! We could have a road trip. We could take Amtrak or the ferry from Vallejo into the city, tell the Bay Area fan forcers we'll be there (if they're interested in meeting us, and have a wild time in the digital showing! Great idea!!

3. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    That would be very cool.

4. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    i'm down for a road trip, i've always wanted to see a digitally projected movie!

5. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    My experience with it on TPM (in Burbank) was very pleasant.

6. Darth_Morfyus1999

Darth_Morfyus1999 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Does anyone know if ticket prices are more for the digital screens? There's a poll at the main Episode 2 page. Just wondering if anyone knew.

7. bigdigs266

bigdigs266 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    The Burbank showing of TPM was unbeliveable. Going to S.F. for AOTC this summer is a must for ~~~ those that are fans. I might even go sometime during the second week.
    Jason

8. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Count me in. A buddy of mine saw TPM in L.A digitally and still raves about it.

9. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Is it realy all that? Has anybody seen a movie digital?

10. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    I dunno. I figure George raves about it, so it must be good. He thinks that's the way to view AOTC, and it's a good excuse for a field trip.

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Hell yeah! If I am up to the it, I will be there! Let me know if its gonna happen. And who all is going.

12. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    sounds cool. might be interesting to see it on a big screen other than the theater.

13. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    One of my nine times (I tried to see TPM at all the best theaters in LA) seeing TPM in theaters was at Burbank where they had a digital projection of it. It was as fine as any 35mm print I saw, very crisp and clear. For this kind of special effects heavy movie, it seems to be of a very high quality.

14. bigdigs266

Mar 16, 2002
    For those of you who don't think DLP show in S.F. is not worth the time to drive down to the city to see it, I FIND YOU LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING!

DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY!

This is a must for all Star Wars fans. The atmosphear at the showing i was at was like that of opening night! This was on a Tuesday afternoon! Sold out and all.

Please do youself a favor and see AOTC in DLP!

Jason

15. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    I don't know how many there are in SF (someone?), but I know there is also at least on in San Jose? Which would be closer? Any road trip ideas?

16. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    There is one in San Francisco at 1000 Van Ness. It is an AMC theater. There is also one in San Jose, and I think it is a Century Theater. I believe the one in San Francisco is closer by about a half hour, don't take my word on that though. I'll give you guys a report this saturday since I'm heading down to San Fransisco to see it saturday afternoon.

17. Rattak_Sal-Solo

Rattak_Sal-Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I'm totally down to go! At Celebration 2, they showed eight minutes of footage of Episode 2 projected digitally, and it was amazing. It almost looked like it was a 3-D movie, that's how crisp all the images were. There seemed to be way more depth for some reason. I can't wait to see it in digital. Plus I wanna see what the bonus scene is.

18. rogue1yg

rogue1yg Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    I'm with Rattak. At C2, the short presentation on digital was just breathtaking. I will be seeing AOTC in digital in San Jose this Friday. The cost was just regular fare.

It will be a nice getaway to SF and well worth it as well. I prefer to drive there thought. Maybe set up carpools.

19. bigdigs266

Mar 16, 2002

I will be going again to the AMC in S.F. soon with other friends I post it here if others want to go.

Tips on going:
    1. Get you tickets early! All the show will sell out.
    2. It's S.F. you will have to pay for parking. 6 dollars for 4 hours with validation at 1000 Van Ness. If you goto 9:00 show you can park on the street for free(I'd do this if you hate your car and have another way of getting home that night.)
    3. Star Wars beer specials at the resturant in the lobby of 1000 Van Ness!
    4. Student discounts and early shows $7.00 night show $9.00.
    5. Problem with the 3:00 show is you get out right at rush hour!

May The Force Be With You!
    Jason

20. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Thanks Jason! Dang, I'm out of the country, out of town and moving for the next bunch of weekends.

Should we plan to see the digital show in San Francisco June 29th or July 6th? I'm assuming Saturday is the best day for everyone. If enough people want to go earlier without me, that's fine too of course. I'll see if I can get some feedback from everyone getting together on Saturday and see what they'd prefer. We could carpool, take Amtrack or even take the ferry from Vallejo into the city.

21. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    yes, yes, saturdays would be good because of my M-F summer school schedule... i'm still up for goin'.

22. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Just got back from seeing the movie on the digital screen at San Fransisco. It was awesome! Everthing was just so crisp and sharp. Bright colors were more vibrant. Extra scenes!!! A nice theater too.

We left a little before 9 this morning and arrive in S.F. at 10, we made good time :D Drove around a little bit looking for parking only to find realize that there is parking under the theater, $4 for 4 hours. The movie started at 11:45 and we got in an already formed line at 10:45. Waited, waited some more, saw the movie!!!!! Drove home amongst a lot of traffic.

23. GHOST_RIDER

GHOST_RIDER Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I just got back from seeing AOTC in digital at the AMC theater in San Fran. It was amazing. The picture was so clear, i could see every little detail. Everyone needs to experience AOTC in this format. I can't wait for all the theaters to get up to speed. Digital rules!!!

24. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    I want to go =-]

25. rogue1yg

rogue1yg Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    I just saw AOTC in San Jose on digital. The theater (Century 22)was right across from the Winchester House. Theater reminds me of the Domes in Arden. Excellent picture and sound. Well worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.