main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Digital Theatres

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jeepgirls30, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Anybody that is going to make the trip to Memphis or Northwest Arkansas (I think that Memphis has digital, correct me if I am wrong) to see the movie on Digital. If you don't mind. PLEASE let me know. I have no problem driving down there, but I don't want to drive alone. It would be great to be able to follow someone else so that I don't get lost. Maps are to me what Kryptonite is to Superman. I just don't do well with them. If this is not a problem with anyone that is going please let me know. Heck, we might even be able to make a small group thing out of it. Our friend from Bentonville said it was incredible in digital. I can fit 3 others in my JEEP so, my theory is the more the merrier!!

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah I saw that there is one here in AR but forgot where in AR that had the digital screen... Rogers?

3. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    It's in Rogers, but Memphis is probably a shorter drive. Rogers takes me about 3 and a half hours from my house. The spouse is from up in that part of the state.

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I'd be interested in going, but I won't be able to until the first week of June.

5. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    OK Lets try and get this going. Probably a weekend would be best?? I figure that more people can get off then. So, what about Saturday the 4 of June?? Plus the crowds will be down a wee bit by then. Anyone else interested in Road tripping down there. Get on the bus now...Can someone find out where the Theatre that is digital is and do we need to buy on-line tickets??
    Lets make a go for it!

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    If I am not mistaken, there are 2 theaters that are DLP in Memphis. I'd have to do some research to confirm it though.

7. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Malco Cordova (which was about two blocks from our apartment) and Malco Paradiso (where all the Memphis FanForce people went for the premiere) both have digital. Tim saw it at both already and said that the Malco's projection was better.

Apparently there is a sweet spot in the theatre, where the sound is mixed best. I want to sit there next time.

I am tentatively going to Memphis this Thursday afternoon and coming back sometime Friday or Saturday morning. If anyone wants to come with me and catch a digital show, let me know.

8. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, BJ and I saw it at Malco Cordova last night with some Memphis friends and we think the picture is clearer. However, it was hard to pick out the differences. There didn't seem to be much. A few more seconds in the Grievous wheelbike chase and the SBD didn't say "Stupid Droid" when he kicked R2 over. We're not sure what else.

Talked to Tim last night at Game Night and when he found out that some AGR were planning on coming to Memphis next weekend to see it, he thought that was great and suggested that if people were interested, he would plan a Drive-in Night at his place on Saturday night. So, for those of you who are considering going to Memphis--what is the likelyhood you would want to either stay the night in Memphis (Tim says there is a really affordable hotel in Millington not far from his place) or come home in the wee hours of the morning? If I go, I would be coming home in the wee hours of the morning, because I would want to be at church the next day with my family and all. But the only way I can do this is if I carpool to reduce gas costs--so who is interested?

By the way, he was talking about showing Empire, because he is showing Star Wars tomorrow night. He would then show ROTJ the last weekend in June.

9. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Dodge...I made it home alive but I should have just crashed there for a little while...There was a semi wreck complete with fire and I got to sit on the side of the road for an hour and a half...but I did get to read the game booklet...Even though there wasn't much difference in the flicks...I enjoyed the soud and picture clarity...and the company for that matter. (and Hogwarts)

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Hello Arkansas!

Anybody nailed down any plans for next weekend? If y'all are coming to Memphis, I'll be glad to put on a special Drive-In Night just for all of you. We showed ANH last night, so ESB would be next in our line-up.

Let me know something so I can make an announcement on our boards and on our website. I'd like to give at least 4 days notice to our members, so the sooner I know something the better. We usually don't do two weekends in a row, so if y'all aren't going to make it, I'll push things off until the last Saturday in June.

And, as always, y'all are more than welcome to come to any of our Drive-In Nights, as well as any of our other events, such as TimmyCon!2 or our planned Saga Campout (tentatively scheduled for mid-November of this year.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.