main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Digital Version Will be Different to Film Version!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by JediAJ, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenderHeart

TenderHeart Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    So with release this week, anyone able to comment on this some more? What differences are there between the print and digital versions?

2. Marfus

Marfus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
    The sparks coming out of Jango's jetpack was added to the DVD release, not the digital version. Counting the IMAX version, there are 4 different versions of AOTC.

The other noticeable change besides the holding of hands at the wedding was Padme's interchange with Anakin at the end of the confession scene. The "You're human" bit, which was also on the DVD.

I think it was said that the Dagobah ROTS scene would be in the digital version.

3. abadfeelingaboutthis

abadfeelingaboutthis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    OK digging this up because I can't make new topic.....

Anyway I have seen ROTS 3 times now. The first two times in digital and last night in film.
    Had read that it was pretty well established that the two versions were identical, ie no extra scenes etc in the digital print.

However.....Maybe I am losing my mind or I was thinking too much about what I was seeing but I am pretty sure I noticed at least one extremely minor difference between the digital and film prints on my viewing last night.

Everything seemed the same up until Anakins 2nd vision. Now I have a clear image in my mind of what Anakin looked like in the "Sony PSP" shot when we see him after the vision. I remember him as looking almost at the camera with a very angry expression on his face and the PSP just hanging in his hands.
    When it came to this bit of the movie though the shot seemed quite different. I sat up and it definitely seemed to be an alternate take from a slightly more side on angle and you didnt get that cool look of him scowling. Nothing else significantly different. Now I dont know if it makes much sense that if Lucas was to release two different print s it would be one with such a minor change. This kinda bothered me and I began to scrutinise the rest of the film to see if anything else seemed different.
    I came up with a few others but I am much less sure of these than I am abut that partiular shot.

The Temple hologram security footage of Anakin fighting seemed to be different. Not sure how. More of Anakin fighting. May have been losing my mind here.

When Luke is born Padme said his name twice. Once to name him and then another time when Obi-Wan is holding him close to her. was pretty sure she only said it once when I saw it digital.

When Bail, Yoda and Obi-Wan are discussing what to do with the twins Obi says "They should be split up so that the Sith do not sense their location" whereas I'm kinda sure he said something more like split up so the Sith will not find them. The implication of the "sense" line being that the Sith cuold sense Vaders kids if they met them or they were together which as we know from Ep IV doesn't happen (Vader unknowingly torturing his daughter). Maybe it was always like this though and it just jumped out at me this time.

In short can anyone else confirm what I am talking about or am I just seeing/hearing/misremembering things? Am not so sure about the last three but the PSP shot definitely seemed different. But such a minor change?
    hh

4. Darth-Bradius

Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2004
    The Temple hologram security footage of Anakin fighting seemed to be different. Not sure how. More of Anakin fighting. May have been losing my mind here.

i think you may b :p

ther second time i watched it, this part seemed longer and it was in the same screen

5. abadfeelingaboutthis

Oct 3, 2003
    The uncertainty is spreading!
    Am I crazy or super perceptive!

6. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i think the extra 'luke' from padme is different and you may be right about the sith thing

7. abadfeelingaboutthis

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah?
    OK then I'll take that as a vote in favour of my sanity :)
    Anyone seen them in both versions recently?
    hh

8. valmont74

valmont74 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    No Dagobah scene in the digital version then? no big changes of any kind?

9. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Not worth getting so excited about.

10. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I heard that at C3, Matthew Wood (Voice of GG) mentioned how they were currently working on an extended Obi-wan vs. GG duel for the IMAX Version in August.

Then of course you have the rumored Degobah cameo.

11. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I maybe losing my mind too... but when Obi-Wan uses the Force to crash a bit of ceiling into 4 of Grevious' Magna Droids on Utapau, in the film version the one on the end still tries to fight Obi-Wan, but in the digital version he doesn't... [face_thinking]

I wonder why they'd change such silly, minor things though.

12. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    no the droid still tries to fight him in the digital version I just saw it on Monday again and on digital.

13. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Digital Version Will be Different to Film Version!!

No! No different, only different in your mind! :p

14. SW_Classifieds

SW_Classifieds Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    I was so excited about seeing the digital version because of some of the preliminary hype about differences between the two. Alas, only to be disappointed.

15. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Ah well, the quality of the picture is what really made me go see it digitally. There's no comparison, it's awesome.

16. Marchden1

Marchden1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    Seen it on film 4 times, then digital yesterday, didn't notice any difference. Digital looked a lot better on the fitst two because Sith id a darker film. Still, glad I saw it digital.

17. omega2010

omega2010 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    According to the imdb the film version has the scene where Anakin talks about the wood carving he gave Padme in TPM while this scene is omitted in the digital version. Considering I have only seen the film version (which did have this scene), I am not sure if this is true. Can anyone who has seen the digital print please confirm this?

18. Katarn47

Katarn47 Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2005
    Nope, that scene is in the digital version as well. I just saw it last night.

Katarn47

19. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    As did I and it was there. So far, I have heard no concrete info. about any differences between the two versions.

20. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    FallenKnight88 posted on 6/9/05 11:58am
    I heard that at C3, Matthew Wood (Voice of GG) mentioned how they were currently working on an extended Obi-wan vs. GG duel for the IMAX Version in August.

Then of course you have the rumored Dagobah cameo.[hr][/blockquote]

Didn't they have to make AOTC like 20 minutes shorter for the IMAX version, because the IMAX projector can only hold like 2 hour reels(or something to that effect)?

Why would they make the IMAX version longer for ROTS.

21. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Where is it said that it's even coming to IMAX? I thought we read that it wasn't.

22. robotpoop

robotpoop Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2004
    Sometime after AOTC came out, they were able to modify the IMAX projectors to allow them to run longer than two hours. I'm pretty sure that this was after AOTC but before about a million other movies came out on IMAX.

Also, I've seen several references to the confession scene in AOTC being extended for the digital cut, but you guys are getting mixed up; that was added for the DVD and was not present on the digital cut. I saw AOTC about ten times at the theater, and at least 8 of those times it was digitally.

23. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    The only reason I wanted to see the digital version is to see Yoda land on Dagobah. Since it's not on there, I'm not in such a rush.

About AOTC: I saw it 16 times on film, and on 2x on IMAX. Never saw the digital version. Anyway, every time I saw it, the confession part where Padme tells Anakin "You're only human" was never in it, film or IMAX. Then, a friend of mine came here to Vegas in September or so and you could order AOTC on the Golden Nugget's pay movie service. The "You're only human" was in that version. I don't know why they didn't put it in the film version, it's a good scene.

24. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    I saw a version of AOTC where the scenes ran longer than the theatrical release. Does anyone know how to get that version?

25. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    yup, they are different, i've noticed it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.