Mary Digital Viewing Road Trip

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I wanted to start this new thread to discuss our new plan for a road trip to see a digital viewing of AOTC. It'll be easier than going through the Muvico thread.

The plan seems to be to wait a few weeks to go. I like this. I guess we should discuss what weekend we want to go.
  2. peabody Jedi Padawan

We have a organizer
    Mogook!
    I'm free any time after 5/16
    What about everyone else.
  3. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm pretty much free the same time. The second week of June I'll be busy, but aside from that, I'm fine.
  4. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sometime around there is good. Count me in.
  5. Senator_Jedi Jedi Padawan

For anyone's interested, The Senator Theatre intends to show it digitally. I'm planning a line up there if anyone wants to see it first night there.
  6. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't know the Senator was doing digital.
  7. Senator_Jedi Jedi Padawan

Last May, one of the managers at The Senator mentioned getting the digital projection equipment in time for Episode II. The owner of the theatre even as far back as when Episode I was released said that he was expecting to get digital projection equipment for the movie. So, it's definately their intention.
  8. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
  9. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
    Funny, i was not informed, ill have to check it.
  10. peabody Jedi Padawan

Where is this Senator Theatre located. We could go there it they will have digital by 5/16.
  11. Senator_Jedi Jedi Padawan

It's located in Baltimore at 5904 York Rd. It's just a stone's throw away form the City/County line just south of Northern Pkwy. You can call them at 410-435-8338 and their website is senator.com. If you're interested in joining our group for The Senator line up, then visit our website, and we can provide you with info there, as well.
  12. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it's wonderful to have a historic theater like the Senator, but I do have one gripe. If someone over 5 feet sits in front of you, your view is blocked. The rows are on a very small gradient. I haven't been there in about five years though, does anyone know if this has changed?
  13. peabody Jedi Padawan

So whats up, will they have digital by 5/16 or what! I dont want to make a special trip to find out there wont be any digital showings.
  14. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is true mogook. when i go to a movie i like to "see" the movie.
  15. Senator_Jedi Jedi Padawan

You're right, The Senator's seating is by no means stadium style. The trick is to be back far enough. Usually if you sit in the last 1/3 of the center section, you don't have this porblem since the screen is up high enough (not a feature with a lot of pre-stadium theatres), and the rows are adjacent to each other so, you're never right behind someone, you're more like bewteen two people. Then again, I'm 6'4", so maybe that has something to do with it, too. :)
    To answer a previous question: As I said before, they do intend to have a digital projector in operation when Episode II opens (so, yes, it'll be there by 5/16). I'll call them in about a month to see what's going on. By then it should be a lock. Knowing The Senator, however, there's a good chance this will happen. They like keeping on the forfront of technology. Let me put it this way: They shut down the theatre for thee weeks just to install a new sound system (the old system was already above par to begin with) and new seating (okay, that did need an upgrade) for Episode I. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did the same thing for this. I went to the midnight show, and I have to tell you, it was a really cool feeling knoing you were to first one to sit in the new seats and hear the new system (the may have upgraded their projection system to that point, too, I can't remember, now). So, if this is going to be digital, that's going to be an even extra bonus. :)
  16. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I'll go see it at the Senator eventually, for the Digital projection, but not opening night. For opening night, I think I want stadium seating so I can see the whole screen. But, Senator_Jedi, if you find out if anything has changed at the place, keep us posted. I can always go to the other side of the fence even if I'm not on it.
  17. BigBroadcastah Jedi Knight

star 1
  18. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    You know that I saw TPM for the very first time at the Senator. Why? Because I had free tickets to there. But you have to admit they have the softest and most comfortable seats around.
  19. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I do kinda remember the seats being nice, it's just the arrangement of them that bothers me.
  20. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    But they're so nice and squishy.
  21. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    The ability to offer nice and squishy seats does not make the seat better. 8-}
  22. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    You look like you could pull the ears off a squishy seat.
  23. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    In my experience, there's no such thing as seats with ears.
  24. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Who's the more foolish? The squishy seat or the fool who sits in it?
  25. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Senator Theater, I recognized your squishy seats when I was brought in to this auditorium.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.