main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Digital VS Normal....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering how much different the digital version was from the one we can see in any other theathers.

I know that Rick wanted it to be different, but if it is as different as I think it is.. I'll have to send him a small letter....

I mean I saw the movie and it was so gooooooood, however, I did noticed a lot of missed scene, the fact that I've seen the rick's spectacular original reel, plus twice afterward with yoda.. I mean.. there are pieces missing, and some pieces might have been a bit better left in.

anyhoo let me know.

and for those of you who can tolerate french, please do listen to us at 1:00 pm later to day on radio Sithclan.

follow the links on the site

www.sithclan.net

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    ok so just saw it for the third time this week-end, and I can confirm Most easter eggs.

yep George is indeed in the senate

yes, you can see actually TWO millenium falcon

But of all I read, I can tell you It's missing scenes darn it...

SO what happened tonight.. are there indeed more scene in the digital version????

I must know..

3. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Who what now?

George?

Falcon where?

Wow.

4. One_More_Shadow

One_More_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    The Millennium Falcons are on Naboo when Anakin and Padme first arrive. They're on the far left of the screen as their ship lands.

5. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

I also saw that droid everyone was trying to see but couldn't. He's on Tatooine when An&PAD are being droid pulled to watto's, also on far left of screen.

6. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Wow, just got back, and didn't see Falcons or George.

What I was wondering though is this:
    In the last scene (this was digital), I saw Anakin take Padme's hand with his mechanical one. In all the other versions I have seen, you see his mechanical hand twitch but he doesn't pick up her hand. Anyone notice this? Thoughts?

7. One_More_Shadow

Apr 30, 2002
    I have heard this was a difference between the two versions. In the non-digital, she doesn't take his hand. There's just that one shot of it where he sort of wiggles his fingers. But I read somewhere--probably on theforce.net--that there was a version where she takes his hand. Must be on the digital prints.

8. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Probably Lucas wants people to pay to see both versions. Hate to say it that way, but I don't see another reason....

9. One_More_Shadow

Apr 30, 2002
    You're probably right. I mean, how many times did he change TPM between the first charity screenings and the eventual DVD release? A lot, I'm sure. I know in the first version, the one screened at the charity viewings, Darth Maul wasn't cut in half as he fell. That was put in before the theatrical release. Then, when the DVD came out, he threw in that misty blood spray after Obi-wan slices him in half (not to mention the extra pod race sequences et al that were added into the film).

So I wouldn't be surprised if the two versions were deliberately different.

10. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

In the digital version, Anakin does take Amidalas hand, i thought it was more poignant that way personally, it showed she still saw the human in him, similarly as how Luke later saw the man behind the machine

11. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Where's George in the senate? I still haven't found him.

However, Howard the duck can be found walking in the library.

Lucas' second daughter is a twilik sitting beside Amed Best in the disco.

Anthony Daniel's is in the disco.

Anyone found Lucas' son yet? I saw a shot of him as a still walking on a stairway beside Obi-Wan, but can't find it in the movie.

12. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Ahmed Best and Anthony Daniel are pretty much "cops" in the club...I love it!

Ahmed Best's character name is Ack-Med Beq (or something like that...how cute... :p )

13. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Lucas's son is the kid in the library with obiwan :)....i think...

14. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    > Must be on the digital prints.

Um, the whole point of the digital projection is that there are not prints, no? I've caught myself using the same terminology, but it does not make sense. Annoying that.

I've got to say the the digital projection is much better... and I like the alteration to the end bit there, with P taking A's hand, don't know why it's not in the 'analog' prints though. Liked the movie better the 2nd time, liked it even more for digital projection on my 3rd showing.

15. Q-True

Q-True Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    I loved the movie in Digital!!! :)
    The things I liked about seeing the film in digital were:
    -Crisper image quality
    -Brighter more vibrant colour, although the red was turned up to high and was turning things pink (probably just an issue with the projector we saw)
    -all the CG shots, and we know how much of the film that was, looked much clearer
    there was a cloud scene when Amada?s ship is going to land on Coruscant near the beginning of the film; each cloud stand out perfectly sharp and in focus, its so breathtaking in Digital! Yoda?s skin looks more textured, his hairs more individual and his colour seemed to blend better with the other film elements. For me the experience was like watching an animated oil painting in the film version to watching a character that was actually alive and taking up space on the set!
    Instead of the CG elements looking out of place as sometimes happens in movies, when watching this movie in digital it almost seemed like the actors seemed more out of place then the CG characters!
    -no scratches on the screen anywhere!! The best was bright outdoor scenes where the grain would stand out more, but the image was perfect!!

The reason I heard as to why the film print and the digital version were different was because the prints had to be made a month in advance vs the digital version which could be changed right up to the last min. So George kept editing the film and tweaking it for up to an extra month on the digital version. He would have made all those changed to the film print version if he could but the prints have already been made so it?s a little late for that, there is always the DVD though! :)
    If anyone is reading this and you have not seen the film in digital yet, go see it! It?s worth it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.