main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diminuendo (angst Obi/Lumi)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuminaraFan4Evr, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuminaraFan4Evr

LuminaraFan4Evr Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 14, 2006
    Blue skies, bright sun, no school - they're all working against me! It's so hard to sit at my computer and type when it's so beautiful outside! Summer is calling my name... but it's rained for the past couple of days, so I actually have something semi-productive to show for this first week out of school.
    Disclaimer - All characters belong to someone else - I think we all know who that someone is...
    ***************************************************************************************
    Beat one

I never thought I would be here, now, watching my best friend die.

Beat two

She was born a peacekeeper, forced into the role of fighter by a war she never approved of and didn?t agree with, but she made swordplay seem like art, some kind of dance, rather than the brutal thing it is.

Beat three

She was a formidable fighter, even if her preferred method of solving differences was diplomacy.

Beat four

But she is no match for the disease coursing through her system now.

Beat five

The best of our healers can do nothing to cure her ? they can only ease her pain, and that, only slightly. The Ara lying in the bed in front of me is nothing but a shell of what she once was, though her quiet beauty has not diminished.

Beat six

They tell me she was born with the condition; she knew, but no one else did. She knew long ago that she was dying; she kept it to herself, hiding the pain from everyone, even her own Padawan, who is linked so closely to her that they sometimes used to think each other?s thoughts.

Beat seven

That bond is dying a little more every moment as Luminara slips away from us. Her Padawan, the Mirialan Barriss, is sitting in a chair on the other side of the room, her legs pulled up to her chest, her chin pressing into her knees, her eyes open but unseeing, her body itself reflecting out what her Master feels within.

Beat eight

Ara is no longer conscious, and that may well be a mercy. I can feel but a tiny echo of the pain she is feeling, for even in an unconscious state, she is still trying to protect the rest of us, but that tiny echo is stronger than the strongest pain I have ever known.

Beat nine

She is slipping; I don?t have to look at Barriss to know that. My own mind-bond with Ara is fading as she does.

Beat

I know it?s coming, but when it does, the sudden release of our bond hurts more than I had expected. She is free at last ? free from the pain, free from the war, free from everything.

Ten

Free...

*****************************************************************************
    R&R, anybody?

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Very, very nice...and the title really fits the story.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful!

That bond is dying a little more every moment as Luminara slips away from us. Her Padawan, the Mirialan Barriss, is sitting in a chair on the other side of the room, her legs pulled up to her chest, her chin pressing into her knees, her eyes open but unseeing, her body itself reflecting out what her Master feels within.

=D=

4. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    How tragic!

I love the music references, by the way.

5. LuminaraFan4Evr

LuminaraFan4Evr Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 14, 2006
    Valairy_Scot - thanks! i spent a long time on the title. glad someone noticed!

VaderLVR64 - thanks! that was one of my favorite quotes from the story. I'm glad you liked it, too.

Lolly_Tolly - yeah, you can't take the band out of the girl...

thanks everybody for the replies! i live off of those!

6. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    That's so sad!!! (wipes tears from eyes) Needa find chocolate..

=D= Encore!

-Miks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.