Dinner/awards?

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by strawbary, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Ok this threas is here for everyone to decide if we are going for the dinner/awards theme again this year or do we want a new approach?

I would love to hear everyones thoughts/opinions on this. Remember its your show.... :)

Do we want just awards like we did the first year?
    or do both again like last year?
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I had a really good time last year and was not present at the first one. I vote for how we did it last year but tweak it since we have one in the books as a base for planning. We have access to all the same things again this time so sticking to the format will not be a problem.
  3. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I would recommend serving dinner during the awards to move it along.
    I wold also recommend having someone "host" it who is funny so that I can not bore people and also run the show from a technical standpoint.

I asked the CR from clarksburg he has not been able to commit as of yet but he is hysterically funny and would be a good host.
    Anyone else we may want to consider hosting it?

I would like to wrap it up in 2 hours start to finish that includes intro, raffles, dinner/show etc. Short and sweet .
    thoughts?
  4. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    For a headcount from Buffalo, we should have 18 attending the dinner. Some people sent checks, a couple via PayPal, and you can expect a check from the North Ridge bank account for some others.

Sorry, I tried to get everyone in together on one check to make things easier for you, but some people jumped the gun.
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    its ok, as long as we're increasing our numbers LOL
  6. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    To answer your question on opinions for the ceremony:

- start eating before presenting. This will allow everyone a chance to grab something before the festivities begin. A 30 mnute head start on eating should be enough. If we have cake for dessert, perhaps a volunteer or two to cut and pass out to everyone, or see if the wait staff can handle this for us.

- Raffles. Pick a number. Give the prize. Move along. No need for special presenters or the background to the prize. It seemed like most of the time was spent on this portion last year.

- Make sure those presenting are ready when their award comes up. A simple cue such as the award winner walking away from the podium would let the presenter head towards the front of the roomand be ready to move along with the awards.

Just a few ideas...
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    yes chris I agree completely, which is why I have added a volunteer list and responsibilities. I will not be up there presenting this year to ensure I am behind the scenes to move things along more. SInce I am writing the program.... I guess I should be directing instead of host ? LOL

I have asked for an asst and have yet to hear back from the person I asked... hopefully I will have one, otherwise Im roping someone in when I get there ;)

I reallly would like to have numbers handed to people as they come in. I have been to several corporate parties where they do this.... every person when they enter is given a number. When that number is called, you get a door prize. ;)

I think if we sat down at 6 and said our hello's and announcements while everyone was eating and raffle off as we go I think it would be fine. This way the awards cn start just as dessert is wrapping up.

I think if we have enough bodies this year we can make it run smoothly. Last year it was just my husband and I with the layout and it was crazy no doubt.
    SO if everyone takes a look at the volunteer list and what jobs need to be filled it would ensure things run a tad smoother than last years. I know we have alot of surpises this year and would like to have it come along nicely :)

I am at work this week 45 hours and half the time I am bored so I will be getting a done of stuff done while I am there for the awards.

I already have half the leaflets/programs done at work. Just deciding what colors to print them on this year. Not to mention I would like to add a pic on it this year. We have such a kick arse machine at work I could really have some done up nice there. Free is alway a great thing :) LOL

The powerpoint presentation is going to be done this week as well, Im really ahead of schedule as far as that is concerned, Thank goodness!

I am hoping this forum picks up more we have alot of details to post so we are all on the same page. I will create a final thread with all final details the week before.
    So the sooner we can hammer everything out the better. :) Whooot!!!! Im so pumped!!!!
  8. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    The dinner is on the Saturday yes?
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.