Padu, KY Diorama Thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here is a list of supplies I came up with that we will need for the diorama day:

Foam board sheets
    assorted spray paints
    model paints & brushes
    styrofoam sheets
    exacto knives
    assorted markers & pens
    thin clear plastic sheets
    fishing line
    assorted tools, pliers, screwdrivers, etc...
    assorted modeling glues and regular glues
    shaping clay and putty
    lots of newspapers

Please post anything else you can think of.
  2. LordTreyger Jedi Knight

star 1
    Uh what about action figures and creativity? Oh and what is yelled at a Japanese Birthday Party? SUPPLIES!!!!!! dude that never gets old.
  3. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Spray adhesive.

Tape. (Scotch and black electrical)

Foam or plastic packaging inserts of differing shapes and contours.

Styrene sheets (garage sale or for sale signs)

I currently have all the graphic patterns that were used at C-III for the Death Star I & II. I have hallways, Doors, the Control room, Blast Doors, the DSII Hangar Bay (Emps Arrival), the DSII Throne Room and the Cell Bay. Other patterns I can make would be for the Trash Compactor.

I also have graphics and patterns for the Bridge of the Executor, Endor forest, Bespin Reactor Core, Naboo Reactor Core and Palpy's Office.

If given enough time - I may be able to create graphics for other scenes such as Hoth interiors and the battlefield.

Even though this is going to be our first Diorama workshop - there is no reason we couldn't meet again or several times for similar workshops in order to create and make dioramas for other scenes.

I would love to make a giant Sandcrawler or Star Destroyer Playset sometime that we could perhaps complete and have for display at our own booth at C-4 and other events.

With all the talent in the club - these kind of workshops will be totally cool.
  4. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    Unfortunately, seeing as how it's my wedding anniversary that day and my wife seems to think it's more important than diorama building I won't be able to come. However, I have multiple pieces of drop ceiling that I wll never use that would make a great base for each Diorama. If you guys think they will work I will donate them to the cause for the low low price of "I don't want them back"

5. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    That sounds great, I'm sorry you won't be able to make it but happy anniversary anyway, several of us understand husbandly responsibilities. pv
  6. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3

I am talking about "supplies!" that the club will provide. Everyone should bring thier action figs, and any tools you think you will need such as exacto knife (which has been cleared by the library), and anything you want to go into your diorama that you see between now and then. Also we need table coverings to protect againts blades, glue, etc.., such as broken down boxes, cutting mats, wood, or anything else you have or can think of. Post ideas for that here. Barring anything that might come up, Arnie & Marjorie will be joining us, so please post your ideas on what can make this a great event. pv
  7. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    It would help if we knew what folks wanted to build for themselves.

I'm wanting to make some more death star hallways and possibly the Hangar bay from Jedi. But I also have need to make a Tantive IV hallway, a Better bespin Freezing Chamber, and a Rebel hangar bay.

Heck, with everything I want to build, we could almost have a diorama weekend every month.

But I'm needing to know what folks are wanting to build for themselves in case I need to make some graphics for them.
  8. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does anyone not have the figures they need for the diorama they want to make? I know where we could get good deals on almost any figs. Especially since we are not worred about the shape of the card. Post here and let me know so I can track them down in time and give you a price.
  9. LordTreyger Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm, I wonder where you could be talking about, and you call me a schill!
  10. wojo_vepad Jedi Padawan

This sounds like an awesome idea,........unfortunately, I've never built a diorama before. I also have no figure to use for the diorama in question. I might need some help with this.
  11. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    So what diorama scenes is everyone planning on doing? I would like to do Jabba's throne room, I have always wanted a diorama of that. My second choice would be the "I am your father" scene from empire. I am going to go shopping for figures at the Murray indoor flea market in about 30 min, they open at 10. Its located behind Sirloin Stockade in case anyone is in the area and wants to join me. There is a booth in there that has over 100 figs from the POTF2 line to now for $5 bucks each. So depending on what figs I can find will determine the diorama I do. talk soon, pv
  12. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, I got a few figs there, but I still need some gamorrian (is that spelled corrctly?) guards, another Lando, and several other background charactors, I'm guessing Crash would be good for this, loose figs would be great. I did find Anamanaman (is that spelled corrctly?) for $5.00 so that wasn't to bad even though I am going to open him. I suck at spelling sw names. I won't need any background for this, but if I decide to do my second choice I will need the cloud city background. pv
  13. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just send me a list of who all you need, I'm sure I can find them. Do you have a Jabba, Bib,?
  14. wojo_vepad Jedi Padawan

We should do THIS scene:

[image=http://www.ericdeschamps.com/Clients/Giantmag/STARWARS_GiantMag.jpg]
  15. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think there is a code hidden in that picture.....jk That is a cool scene, someone should do that one. I am one detail away from definently doing Jabbas throne room. I do need some different guards from jabbas palace, preferebly loose to save money, and I think that is it. I have most of the figures already still in package, but if Crash has abunch of the loose figs from this scene for a bulk deal I would be interested. I would prefer not to open all these figs but am willing to to make a kick @$$ diorama. pv
  16. rodan70 Jedi Master

star 4
    When is our diorama day? And what ones are we making. Mustafar and the Cantina would be cool.
  17. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    SATURDAY, MARCH 18TH,

it will be fun. We do need everyone to post on this thread IN ADVANCE what diorama you would like to do. If we don't have it we'll tell you, but put what you want to do and what you have figures for. no ideas to crazy. pv
  18. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, Who is really planning on doing a diorama and of what? We don't want to spend club money getting them printed up and buying supplies if no one is really into it. As of now I haven't heard of anyone for sure on what they are making and I've heard from several that are not planning on making one at all. I know of at least 5 members not making a one. So for those that do want to make one lets see some posts soon. If Rena and I do make one we will not need a printed backdrop for ours. I have another S.W. project I can work on during the workshop so it's really up to her wheather or not we will be making a 3 3/4" diorama. I want everyone to come out and for this to be a fun workshop but we need some input for this to be a success. I mean glue, sharp, objects, and Star Wars whats not to like?
  19. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    I need to make a trash compactor backdrop for my figs. for sure. Not to scale - but something to fit in the section of the Death Star I have set up on shelves already.

I also want to update all my Death Star hallways, anterooms and some of Emp's throne room.

I desperately need to make a decent Rebel hangar backdrop and a better Carbon Freezing chamber backdrop (for the POTF2 playset)

I also want to make the DS II landing bay with the Shuttle and Emps Arrival - but I may wait with that one for another weekend.

I have diorama project wants that literally I could spend 40 weekends a year doing.

20. rodan70 Jedi Master

star 4
    Someone pm me or call me and let me know what Dioramas we will be making and what I need to buy. Who wants to help me with it! I don't have any patiants....
  21. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi Rodan,
    What do you have figures for or what is your favorite scene from any of the movies? Pick the scene you would like and tell us because between all the members and our connections to Crash, you can probably get any figures you need for dirt cheap. That goes for all of you, which is one of the reasons we need your ideas posted. Also minitures work well for dioramas as well as the Unleashed Battle Packs, which I think that is all they are good for. pv
  22. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    It occured to me that some of us may need some ideas if were not sure what to build or how to make it so here are some sites to guide you. pv

23. ice1138 Jedi Knight

star 2

I don't know about anyone else, but they didn't show up until I quoted you, on the message screen before you hit reply . Here they are if anyone else couldn't see them.

http://www.kendallvalley.com/starwarsdioramas
    http://www.sciforge.com
    http://www.ethergraphics.com/sw/diorama
  24. pacervader Jedi Knight

star 3
    godd looking out Ice1138. pv
  25. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    You wanna see dioramas and what can be done as a group?

These are from C-III.

Go here: http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/C3W/Pre05C1.asp
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.