main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Dire Need of Star Wars Costume

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LaurenFettish, Oct 4, 2005.

1. LaurenFettish

LaurenFettish Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    *Ahem*

I don't know how many of you remember me, but I was with the Provo Fanforce about three years ago when I was a freshman at BYU (as LaurenFett). After that year I suppose I got so involved in school and getting married (to a Trekkie, of all things) that I became inactive in this lovely little group. Though I do cherish the days...

Anyway, school is done with and now I'm a middle school science teacher at Springville Middle School. Today the faculty voted and decided that all the teachers should dress up for Halloween. Of course, we all know that the only costume worth wearing is a Star Wars costume.

Alas, all I own is the cheap jedi costume I've worn for Halloween every year since the beginning of time. I long for the feel of stormtrooper plastic encasing my body, the mighty armor of a fett, or other such splendiferous costumes...

Would anyone be willing to lend me a Star Wars costume for Halloween day? I have no desire in dressing as Amidala or Leia, but really any other costume would be a dream for me to wear. I would take good care of it, pick it up from your house myself, return it promptly (well before that evening, even), even pay a small rental fee if asked.

Perhaps this request is just too great, but I thought it'd be worth asking. Imagine 190 6th-grade students witnessing the awe and power of a Star Wars character teaching them about the constellations (our current unit).

Thanks for at least reading this. I really appreciate it a lot!

Lauren Rae Ard (formerly Lauren Rae Layton)

2. LaurenFettish

LaurenFettish Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    Well, fine then. :p

3. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Sorry, I don't really have anything that could help. I'm going to be a hobbit (just like I was last year)

4. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Lauren,

Just a suggestion: If you are planning on wearing it all day a Stormtrooper or Fett costume is NOT your best choice. They are very bulky, hard to move in and uncomfortable after a few hours.
    While you may be tired of wearing a Jedi costume and aren't interested in doing a Princess Leia they would be a better choice since they are 'soft' costumes, or rather, made of fabric.

If you are still interested in finding out how to get a hold of a set of armor you can check out the Imperial 501st. They do have a local garrison in Utah that can answer all your costuming questions :)

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks for being the helpful one, ondiv. I was sitting here going "Um, have got no idea..."