Evan, IN Director Ridley Scott - Directing The Forever War

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like the director of ALIEN and Bladerunner will be doing The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. The Forever War is considered one of the better military sci-fi novels. If Robert Heinlien's Starship Troopers is an allegory for WWI/WWII then Haldeman's Forever War is an allegory for Vietnam (and dare I say Afghanistan and Iraq). Scott is the best director for The Forever War. The finished result will likely be a very taut and stylish tech noir epic. Don't forget that Scott is also directing Aldous Huxley's A Brave New World. So it seems Scott is back in the sci-fi game. It's about frakkin time.
  2. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wahooo! That is one of my FAVORITE freakin' novels. I reread it every few years. If you have not read this gem, I will gladly loan you my copy.

It will be interesting to see how they treat "the fighting suits". Like in Starship Troopers, the armour plays a big part in the story. Most of the battle scenes are on near absolute-zero, no atmosphere, planetoids where hydrogen exists as a liquid. I hope they treat this one a little different.

Now, if they'd just make Ringworld...
  3. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Give them time...give them time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.