main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Director Ridley Scott - Directing The Forever War

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Looks like the director of ALIEN and Bladerunner will be doing The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. The Forever War is considered one of the better military sci-fi novels. If Robert Heinlien's Starship Troopers is an allegory for WWI/WWII then Haldeman's Forever War is an allegory for Vietnam (and dare I say Afghanistan and Iraq). Scott is the best director for The Forever War. The finished result will likely be a very taut and stylish tech noir epic. Don't forget that Scott is also directing Aldous Huxley's A Brave New World. So it seems Scott is back in the sci-fi game. It's about frakkin time.

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Wahooo! That is one of my FAVORITE freakin' novels. I reread it every few years. If you have not read this gem, I will gladly loan you my copy.

It will be interesting to see how they treat "the fighting suits". Like in Starship Troopers, the armour plays a big part in the story. Most of the battle scenes are on near absolute-zero, no atmosphere, planetoids where hydrogen exists as a liquid. I hope they treat this one a little different.

Now, if they'd just make Ringworld...

3. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Give them time...give them time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.