main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series "Director's Cut Episodes"?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mr. Atom Bomb, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    According to the official statement on SW.com the series on Netflix has "director's cut episodes" that have never been seen on TV before...

I watched a few episodes in seasons 1 and 2 and I haven't noticed any differences yet. Anybody care to enlighten me? Have you noticed any changes?

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Most likely they're talking about certain episodes that were censored for their original airing. The most well known edit was the removal of Ventress kissing a clone she just skewered on her lightsaber. Another edit was the removal of the word "hell" from the episode Rookies.

3. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh is that what they were talking about? I guess I haven't gotten to any episodes that were censored because I haven't noticed any additional scenes yet. I also completely forgot about the "hell" issue... I have Rookies downloaded and my copy has the original audio so I suppose I didn't even think of that when I was watching it on Netflix.

Well... I'll keep my eyes peeled I suppose. I've seen the Ventress kiss scene on youtube, any others like it? That's the only one I'm aware of.

4. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, I was wondering about these "director's cut" episodes myself. There's probably only a handful of them, and they're probably just episodes that trimmed a second or half second shots showing beheadings, lightsaber wounds, etc. The beheadings in one of the Darth Maul episodes is probably the most well known example.

Shame we're not getting episodes with a couple of extra added scenes though.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Seeing as the question's been answered, I'm locking this. But yeah, if you go through the episode guides on starwars.com in the trivia sections it usually mentions of a scene was cut, which would comprise of the director's cuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.