main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Disbanding?

Discussion in 'Archive: Tri-Cities, WA' started by ewok_jedi, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Seeing as we are barely active in our forum, far less than we actually should be to stay an active fan force, I was curious to know if any of you think we should disband the fan force since it is only the 5 of us and attempts at recruiting have as of yet failed to bring in any new members. Lack of time for being available to stay active on the boards will be a problem as well, especially since I will be leaving the boards basically at the end of the month for a while to keep up with increasing ammounts of school work. If the interest is there we will find a way to keep the group active, but I no longer have as much time to devote to such any more due to school ... I just want to know what you all think about such ...

Please give your thoughts on this subject ...

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I'll be checking this topic. :)

Normally it takes a 2 week period to declare a FF inactive. So you have until then to post one way or the other before it gets moved to inactive.

3. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Alright so the consensus last night was that we will try to keep the group alive till RadCon and see if we can get any members from there ... if nothing comes from RadCon then we will disband as an official group but still get together and hang out as a small group of friends ...

Also as of today I am stepping down as CR and taking a month long break from the boards at the very least, you will need to find a new CR soon ...

4. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Upping to get more imput. What is the stance on the CR thing? Is there anyone interested?

5. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    As far as I know there isn't really any one ... but in general we haven't really needed a CR ...

Oh yes and as a note for the rest of you if we wish to keep the fan force around we need to keep it active, if it fails to stay active Yvette will make the group inactive meaning the group would have to be restarted to become active again ...

If thats not accurate Yvette, perhaps you can explain it better than I did

6. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    You got it right. :)

Normally I need to wait 2 weeks with no activity on the boards--activity meaning active meeting discussion--and then another 2 weeks to declare it inactive. There is talk of a meeting coming soon so I will wait to see how that goes. If nothing happens, in 2 weeks the FanForce will be considered inactive and will have to meet the requirements of starting up again.

I really hope things work out. :)

7. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Seeing as no one has posted in 11 days, I think its time we accept that this group is no longer active at all and let Yvette basically end the group ...

8. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    :(

Alright. I'll shut this place down for now. PM me for details if you want to make it active again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.