Saga +-+-+Disco Fever+-+-+

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bremerton, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Bremerton Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've always had a knack... Check that, an interest in creative writing, but never tried my hand at a Star Wars based fanfic. Obviously this one is just for fun, but I may try something more serious in the future. Actually, this thread is somewhat in the tradition of The Mask of Doom in which I was known as ArichTheViking. Anyways, please enjoy...

Disco Fever

Chapter 1

He swaggered into the room and took in its occupants with a few glances to his left and right. They were milling about and drinking, enjoying the music and generally having a good time. He knew the answer even before he asked it-with his legs spread, one hand on his hip and a pointing arm angled at the ceiling.

?Who is ready to par-TAY?!?

The music and talking stopped and everyone looked over at the man in platform shoes and hip-hugging pants with chest hair and necklaces hanging out of his half-buttoned shirt. Wuher said in a loud enough voice that the cantina?s patrons could all hear, ?We?ll take care of him, just keep buying drinks.? Most of the various lifeforms in the cantina had already turned back to their jawa juice, and the rest soon followed.

Walking over to the strange man, Wuher said ?Ben, why do you keep coming in here like this? It?s getting kind of annoying, and you?re starting to cost me some of my business.? He put his arm around Obi-Wan?s shoulders. ?Honestly man, there has got to be some better place to disco than this cantina! We know you?re supposed to stay on Tatooine to guard the galaxy?s last hope until he comes of age to defeat your former apprentice who is now the Dark Lord of the Universe, yada yada yada, but I really think you should consider heading to Alderaan or Coruscant or somewhere where you can get the disco out of your veins.?

Obi-Wan hung his head. With a sigh and a half-hearted nod he said ?You?re right, Wuher. I won?t bother you again.? He meandered out the cantina?s door and continued down the street heading back towards his hideout in the hills.

Inside his own little bedroom, he rummaged through the letters from Sheila. "Dear Obi" they all started, but each ended differently. The first ended with a print of her lipstick, and "Love always." The next, with simply "Love." Progressively they changed to "Affectionately," then "Sincerely," then simply "Sheila." The last one did not end but said "Dear Obi-I hate you. Come away and disco with me or I will never write to you again." This was his least favorite of all the letters she had sent him.

But then he looked out over the hills and saw the little moisture farm where young Skywalker lived. He knew he couldn?t leave, but he had to learn to disco so he could find Sheila once Luke was of age. He hadn?t wanted to do this, but now he had to if he ever wanted to get back together with Sheila.

Swaggering back into the bar the next day, he raised a single hand in the air. Motioning as if outlining a crescent moon he said in a quiet, yet commanding tone-

?You will get it on and par-TAY all night long.?

Chapter 2

The assortment of creatures crowding the cantina turned and looked at Obi-Wan with blank stares. Then, just as the music had stopped at his presence, funkadelic melodies began issuing themselves from the oboes of the band. Wuher did not understand why, but he raised his finger towards the sky and began moving his hips. This was all the patrons needed. It served as a go-ahead for them to let loose. The tables were cleared out of the way, and the dusty floor now served as their disco.

It was hard for Obi to keep his mind-control over them, but he felt if he got them started, they wouldn?t want to stop. Unfortunately for him, not all the members of the bar were so weak minded. From his usual corner table, the bounty hunter Greedo emerged.

?What?s the meaning of this? I work all day killing politicians and mafia ringleaders and all I want to do is relax in bar with my boys. Then some stupid Jedi has to come and />/>
  2. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    WHOA! YOU WENT FROM HILARIOUS TO DEVASTATED! I LIKE THIS STORY! KEEP GOING!
  3. scuiggefest Jedi Master

star 4
    What is with all the Disco Fan Fics?
    Ah nice job there Bremerton
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.